Camden and 14 other councils have lost their Judicial Review claim in the High Court. A Judge has ruled the government’s decision over the London to Birmingham line lawful, meaning the £33 billion scheme can proceed.
“We are disappointed with this judgement and will continue to fight this fundamentally flawed scheme. We feel a poor decision has been made today, which fails to fully grapple with our case or the parliamentary process and demonstrates a misinterpretation of the law.
“We have said all along that the government and HS2 Limited have made no proper assessment of the disruption and damage High Speed 2 will cause."
Camden is the most affected area along the proposedLondon to Birmingham line of HS2, with £1billion damages estimated for theborough and hundreds of homes marked for demolition.
“The Judge dismissed our claims because he felt that no “decisions” had been made to proceed with HS2. Yet clearly the government has taken the decision to go ahead with this scheme already. Moreover, the Judge did not say our Claim was without merit, simply that it was too early to make a decision.
"We felt we should challenge these now and not wait for more years of planning and public money to be wasted on this project."
Camden Council says it will appeal the ruling.
More top news
The property developer painted the mews house in March last year after she was denied permission for a basement below the property.
Profits at the estate agent plummeted 42% in the first half of the year.
Ionut Gheorghe, 27, was detained in Los Molinos near Madrid on Friday by Spanish police under a European Arrest Warrant.