More than one hundred people were evacuated from their homes in North London this morning after a gas leak.
Residents in Enfield were told to leave their houses in the early hours. Police, ambulances and fire engines were all called to the scene.
The leak was caused by road maintenance work in the area. The residents are now back in their homes, and no one was hurt.
More top news
A lamp in the tower which houses Big Ben is to be switched off for the first time in more than 70 years.
Sir Bruce entertained audiences for more than seven decades.
Work in the tower will also pause over the bank holiday weekend.