One of the pelicans has already been named Tiffany, but the public is being invited to name the other new female.
- Bela – a Czech name derived from the Slavic word for ‘white’
- Bety – suggested by Prague Zoo, a Czech version of Elizabeth
- Karola – a Czech name derived from Charles, the King who was gifted the first pelicans
- Isla – the name of the daughter of Malcolm, the wildlife officer who has cared for the pelicans in the park for over 35 years.
- Pearl – a classic ‘London’ name, and also a precious stone with royal connections
- Queenie – also a classic London name, it’s also a nod to the pellies’ neighbour at the Palace
You can vote for your favourite - and see which name is in the lead - on the Royal Parks Foundation website.
More top news
As Tibetan Buddhist communities celebrate Buddha's birthday, Lydia Polzer explains the true meaning of the special event.
Video has emerged showing a man being tasered by police during a tense stand-off in east London.
A man from London who was the subject of cruel online taunts has had the last laugh when a group of celebrities threw a party for him in LA.