One of the pelicans has already been named Tiffany, but the public is being invited to name the other new female.
- Bela – a Czech name derived from the Slavic word for ‘white’
- Bety – suggested by Prague Zoo, a Czech version of Elizabeth
- Karola – a Czech name derived from Charles, the King who was gifted the first pelicans
- Isla – the name of the daughter of Malcolm, the wildlife officer who has cared for the pelicans in the park for over 35 years.
- Pearl – a classic ‘London’ name, and also a precious stone with royal connections
- Queenie – also a classic London name, it’s also a nod to the pellies’ neighbour at the Palace
You can vote for your favourite - and see which name is in the lead - on the Royal Parks Foundation website.
More top news
Cash-strapped National League side Dagenham & Redbridge will host a friendly against West Ham United in order to raise money.
Arsene Wenger will continue to use David Ospina as Arsenal's cup goalkeeper when they face Manchester City at Wembley on Sunday.
A royal expert has criticised Anna Wintour for wearing sunglasses while conversing with the Queen at London Fashion Week.