One of the pelicans has already been named Tiffany, but the public is being invited to name the other new female.
- Bela – a Czech name derived from the Slavic word for ‘white’
- Bety – suggested by Prague Zoo, a Czech version of Elizabeth
- Karola – a Czech name derived from Charles, the King who was gifted the first pelicans
- Isla – the name of the daughter of Malcolm, the wildlife officer who has cared for the pelicans in the park for over 35 years.
- Pearl – a classic ‘London’ name, and also a precious stone with royal connections
- Queenie – also a classic London name, it’s also a nod to the pellies’ neighbour at the Palace
You can vote for your favourite - and see which name is in the lead - on the Royal Parks Foundation website.
More top news
Taylor Swift left fans pleasantly surprised as she brought out Robbie Williams during her second performance at Wembley Stadium.
A 15-year-old boy has been stabbed to death in a large fight after a birthday party attended by up to 100 youths in east London.
Ten fire engines and 72 firefighters are tackling the fire in Dartmouth Park Hill in Archway.