One of the pelicans has already been named Tiffany, but the public is being invited to name the other new female.
- Bela – a Czech name derived from the Slavic word for ‘white’
- Bety – suggested by Prague Zoo, a Czech version of Elizabeth
- Karola – a Czech name derived from Charles, the King who was gifted the first pelicans
- Isla – the name of the daughter of Malcolm, the wildlife officer who has cared for the pelicans in the park for over 35 years.
- Pearl – a classic ‘London’ name, and also a precious stone with royal connections
- Queenie – also a classic London name, it’s also a nod to the pellies’ neighbour at the Palace
You can vote for your favourite - and see which name is in the lead - on the Royal Parks Foundation website.
More top news
The RSPCA alongside fire and rescue teams were called to help save a cat which got itself stuck in between a 15cm wall.
A glitch on TfL's Journey planner has begun renaming some of London's most popular stations.
Breaking Into News is an initiative run by the Media Trust in partnership with ITV News and ITN to find broadcast journalists of the future.