One of the pelicans has already been named Tiffany, but the public is being invited to name the other new female.
- Bela – a Czech name derived from the Slavic word for ‘white’
- Bety – suggested by Prague Zoo, a Czech version of Elizabeth
- Karola – a Czech name derived from Charles, the King who was gifted the first pelicans
- Isla – the name of the daughter of Malcolm, the wildlife officer who has cared for the pelicans in the park for over 35 years.
- Pearl – a classic ‘London’ name, and also a precious stone with royal connections
- Queenie – also a classic London name, it’s also a nod to the pellies’ neighbour at the Palace
You can vote for your favourite - and see which name is in the lead - on the Royal Parks Foundation website.
More top news
Khan, the Labour MP for Tooting, claims his plan to hold fares at 2016 prices until 2020 is fully costed.
Lee Drake smashed into a moped in Poplar in June 2014, after going through a red traffic light with blue lights on but no sirens.
More than a decade after their daughter's death the Dowler family were given these harrowing details of their daughter's last hours.