Pelicans have been living in St James's Park for nearly 350 years. They were first introduced in 1664, as a gift to King Charles II from the Russian Ambassador.
The existing pelicans are gregarious creatures and can often be seen climbing out of the lake to sit on benches alongside visitors.
One rather mischievous bird used to fly over to London Zoo in Regent's Park to steal their fish for his lunch.
More top news
Patrick O'Leary, 46, mugged the 70-year-old charity collector outside her home, also stealing her handbag and cash.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will send their two-year-old daughter to Willcocks Nursery School, near their home at Kensington Palace.
The Queen approved the nomination to succeed the Rt Rev Richard Chartres in the Church's third most senior position.