London Borough Councils have seized hundreds of council properties back after discovering some were being illegally sublet or occupied by fraudsters.
ITV News London contacted each London Borough Council to find how widespread the problem is. Below are the Borough Councils that submitted data to us.
- Bexley has no council properties but has 10,739 people on the waiting list
- Bromley has no council properties but has 2483 people on the waiting list and 157 evictions
- Camden has 25,000 council properties and 25,000 people on the waiting list. 581 evictions.
- City of London, 1,889 council properties and 1,187 people on the waiting list. 2 evictions
- Croydon, 13,925 council properties, 10617 people on the waiting list. 26 evictions
- Ealing, 12,893 properties, 11,995 people on waiting list, no evictions
- Enfield, 11,561 properties, 7068 people on waiting list, 70 evictions
- Harrow, 4951 properties, 4015 people on waiting list, 78 evictions
- Havering, 9,000 properties, 13,046 on waiting list, 39 evictions
More top news
Official readings are recorded three metres in the air but a study found levels of nitrogen dioxide (NO2) were higher at pushchair level.
Tubes, trains, trams, buses, cable cars, river buses, taxis and going by foot - your guide to getting around during the strike.
Union officials rejected a revised offer from Underground managers during a meeting at the conciliation service ACAS this afternoon.