- 10,000 Roman artefacts have been discovered at the site next to the River Thames
- 21,000 wheelbarrows of soil have been excavated by hand
- Over 100 fragments of Roman writing tablets have been unearthed
- This site has supplied the largest amount of Roman leather ever to be unearthed in the capital
- The site covers over three acres
- At its peak there were 60 archaeologists working on the site
More top news
As we move into a shorter working week for most people, we are looking at a generally cloudy one.
Lots of cloud around today feeling relatively mild although it probably felt a bit cooler because of the breeze.
Hackney's Idris Elba could become the next James Bond, it has been reported.