Police are investigating the unexplained deaths of a couple from London who were found in the swimming pool of a hotel near Bishop's Stortford.
Emergency services were called to Down Hall Country House Hotel yesterday evening. Tonight, officers are looking into several theories including the possibility they were overcome by toxic fumes.
The manager of the hotel, Chris Falcus, has issued this statement:
"We are devastated by this tragic incident and our thoughts are with the family and friends of those concerned. As soon as the alarm was raised, two of our team dived into the pool and did everything they could to try to save them. We are cooperating fully with the police investigation."