In 2013 there will be five closures in which tunnel works will be carried out, although in all but one of these other essential work will be carried out at the same time. These include:
- Sunday 16 June and Sunday 6 October
- Bank holiday Monday 26 August
- One fullweekend: 12 and 13 October
- Christmas period: 25-30 December
- There will also be late start up at 11.00hrs onthree Sundays
In 2014 there will be nine closures when tunnel works take place, although only four are solely for tunnel works:
- Sundays: 12 January, 15 June, 17 August, 16November
- two full weekends: 1 and 2 February, 8 and 9March
- Saturday 1 March
- A five-day closure at Easter: 18-21 April
- A six-day closure at Christmas: 25-30 December
- There will be 17 late starts on Sundays in 2014
In 2015 some additional closures may be necessary to complete the work.
More top news
On a visit to the Olympic Park, Brazilian footballing legend Pele took the time to talk about the Olympics and England's Euro 2016 demise.
Singer Rita Ora has been hospitalised after reportedly suffering from exhaustion just hours after the man who burgled her home was jailed.
The Hollywood star took residents in Merton by surprise when he touched down in a helicopter near Poplar Road.