The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
Inspectors found a culture of bullying and major problems with poor ambulance response times at the trust, which is the biggest in the UK.
More than a tenth of the Piccadilly Line train fleet is out of action because of emergency repairs to damaged wheels.
Rows of students stood and turned their backs before filing out of the lecture theatre.