The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
Temperatures reached 23.6C at both Kew Gardens in west London and Gravesend in Kent.
As the housing crisis deepens in London, ITV investigates the extortionate fees being charged by estate agents.
Thomas Cook Flight TCX1638 left the West Sussex airport at 9am with 237 passengers on board.