The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
Public services union Unison says it will nominate Jeremy Corbyn in the Labour Party leadership contest.
Google search now shows you when businesses and attractions are busiest.
The planning application said the museum would be dedicated to celebrating the achievements of East End women. Residents are very angry.