The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
The gang forced its way into the woman's home, ransacked it and threatened her and her partner with hammers and screwdrivers.
Caroline Culverwell was walking 14-week-old Mika before a pub lunch when the puppy bolted out of sight as they reached the car park.
The Prime Minister was invited to meet survivors and residents of the west London tower block privately on Tuesday night.