The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez has posted gruesome pictures of bruising on his injured ankle.
Commuters have been stopped in their tracks at the moving sight of hundreds of actors in First World War uniform up and down the country.
For the ultimate skyscraper views while eating London diners can go very high with options like The Shard and the Heron Tower.