The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
With harmful pollutants at record levels the Mayor of London's campaign aims to highlight the impact air quality can have on health.
A firework was shot into a London bus sending frightened passengers running with fear.
Abdul Samad, 28, was stabbed outside his family home in Little Venice last night and died an hour later in hospital.