The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
At least five people have suffered minor injuries but the cause of the blast is still unknown.
A songwriter from Harlesden who wrote a track for Beyonce's Lemonade album has been nominated for a Grammy Award.
Sadiq Khan issues the first 'very high' air quality alert since becoming Mayor