The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
The London Mayor has made some forthright comments about Britons who have joined Islamic State.
Bright spells with rain, sleet and snow showers at the weekend.
As soon as the information went missing in early January, the Ministry of Justice say they launched an urgent investigation.