The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
RMT members staged a protest outside Parliament to mark the anniversary of the first strike one year ago today.
The former mayor of Tower Hamlets, was forced to step down after he was found guilty of a string of corrupt and illegal practices.
The service is the first to be held in the singer's honour since the private funeral held by the family at Highgate Cemetery on March 29.