The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
Rosa Bramley spoke about the reality of life in parts of London. Her friend became the third teenager to be stabbed to death in seven days.
Met Constable Thomas Hooper is said to have taken the medium-sized two-tier tin of biscuits from a storage cupboard.
7-year-old George Lockley has Spinal Muscular Atrophy which means he uses a wheelchair and is slowly getting weaker.