The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
The thief, who used a walking stick, was helped by a man who disabled the lock before pushing the woman away.
More than 40,000 new property millionaires have been created across Britain this year so far amid rising house prices.
Joshua Dobby admitted causing the deaths of child actor and his aunt following police chase in Penge, London, but denied manslaughter.