The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
Paramedics were on standby outside the police cordon as armed officers stood by the property.
A team of researchers has taken samples from the ten busiest London Underground lines to work out which are the dirtiest.
The action comes on top of an emergency timetable which has seen hundreds of trains a day being axed.