The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
As people across London celebrate Christmas, Micah Community Church share their Christian beliefs of the special day.
Police are now investigating the 'unexplained' death of a 23 year old man from Erith who was found dead in June.
Most of the squatters who took over the former RBS HQ on Trafalgar Square to feed homeless people on Christmas day have been evicted.