The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
London Fire Brigade took Southwark Council to court on four charges in relation to safety breaches at Lakanal House in Camberwell.
Oliver Dearlove died 24 hours after receiving the fatal blow outside Morden's wine bar in Blackheath last summer.
She was found in Tadworth in Surrey and is so young the RSPCA can't work out what breed she is.