The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
A South east London man was charged under modern slavery laws with keeping a person in servitude and arranging the travel of another person.
Police have launched a hunt for conmen who duped couple in their eighties out of £20,000 in life savings by posing as gasmen.
A Met Police Sergeant attached to Croydon borough has been dismissed for failing to respond to fatal attack where man was stabbed 200 times.