The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
Members of the RMT union on the Northern Line are planning to walk out on Monday after a driver was sacked for failing a breath test.
The A&E department at Northwick Park Hospital in north London has been under pressure following the closure of two other A&E units.
Martin Allen, 15, disappeared on his way home from school in London in 1979 and was never seen again.