The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
The twins cubs, which were born in June, have been named Bert and Ernie after characters from Sesame Street.
The two victims died from their injuries in hospital after the explosion in Hertfordshire.
Investigations are continuing into the cause of the crash in chigwell which killed both people on board.