The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
A woman died as she crossed the road when she was struck by four separate motorists who police believe did not stop.
Patrols including local volunteers have been set up after the grisly finds in Thamesmead in the last month.
Thieves targeted a property in Richmond on Monday afternoon.