The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
Police issued an urgent appeal to trace Malakhi Chijiutomi-Ghosh, who needs medication three times a day.
The Beckhams paid £31.5 million for the detached home in West London. But their plans to transform it are already annoying some locals.
Jeremy Zeid likened the president to Nazi war criminal Adolf Eichmann who was abducted by Israeli agents in 1960 and later hanged.