The key results for the capital are:
- House prices rose 0.7% in London in April, compared to 0.3% nationally
- Demand has grown thee times faster than supply in the last quarter
- In London the time on the market is almost half the national average (9.1 weeks) at just 4.6 weeks - a rate not seen since 2007
- 95% of sellers get the asking price in London. This compares to 93% in the rest of the country
- North London registered the largest increase in the UK; 1.3% in April
- Prices in South West London rose by 1.1%
More top news
Leyton Orient have been in free-fall ever since Italian Becchetti bought the club from Barry Hearn in 2014.
A long-awaited report criticises industrial action taken by Aslef and the RMT union over the past year.
The prime minister was shouted at as she left the scene of the tragedy in which at least 79 people died.