A baby who was given a feeding bottle containing bleach by a woman from south east London has made a good recovery, a court heard today.
The jury heard from Peter Clark, prosecuting, that the incident took place on September 13 last year. He said:
Elaine Joyner, say the prosecution, gave to a complete stranger's baby a feeding bottle that contained a poisonous or noxious substance, a fluid that contained bleach, or something very similar.
The baby, who was 11 and a half months old, took some of that fluid in his mouth and was immediately rendered ill by it. He wretched and vomited over himself and turned very pale.
His grandmother seized it from the pram to prevent further harm. Happily, the baby has made a good recovery with no long term ill effects.
More top news
It is hoped the 7,400-mile journey will become a cost-efficient and time-saving way of transporting trade between China and the UK.
The Supreme Court is set to decide on whether disabled travellers are legally entitled to have priority use of wheelchair spaces on buses.
A cleaning company in London is recruiting female staff to clean private houses across the UK while wearing just slippers and gloves.