Five men have been arrested so far in connection with the investigation - but police are appealing for more information.
Det Chief Inspector Lucy Robinson from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate said:
"Despite having made progress in our enquiry, this is still very much a live investigation and we remain open minded as to who may be responsible for this horrendous crime. I am convinced the answer lies locally. Someone out there will know who tried to steal that lorry and so cruelly left the victim for dead having run him over. I would urge anyone with any information to do the right thing and contact the Police.”
"I would also be interested to hear from anyone who was in the area of Wood Avenue, the social club known locally as the Fondue Club or the Bowls Club and the recreational area in front of those buildings at the end of the cul-de-sac of Wood Avenue. They may have seen something of assistance to us, a car or other small clue to help us identify these two men.”
Any witnesses who have not yet contacted police or anyone with information about events leading to the incident should call detectives on 01279 621802, email firstname.lastname@example.org or can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
More top news
The 20-year-old was found fatally wounded on Roth Walk, near Finsbury Park, north London at around 3am on Saturday, Scotland Yard said.
Police have arrested a man wanted in connection with a burglary at the home of pensioner Richard Osborn-Brooks.
The rally comes after it emerged that the Home Office destroyed thousands of landing cards documenting the arrival of windrush-era migrants