These were the most-crowded routes in autumn 2012. The capacity figure refers to the standard class passenger capacity for that train and the load figure refers to how many people actually travelled:
- 8:27am Heathrow-London Paddington - 476 - 786 65%
- 6.13pm London Euston-Birmingham New Street - 698 -1,049 65%
- 6;00pm London Waterloo-Portsmouth Harbour - 738 - 1,186 61%
- 7:17am Banbury-London Marylebone - 476 - 752 58%
- 6:19am Birmingham Moor St-London Marylebone - 288 - 445 55%
- 7:32am Tattenham Corner-London Bridge - 860 - 1,324 54%
- 6:15am Portsmouth Harbour-London Waterloo -598 - 897 50%
- 7:09am Henley-on-Thames-London Paddington - 440 - 657 49%
- 7:10am Haslemere-London Waterloo - 738 - 1,100 49%
More top news
The mother of a former altar boy who tried to blow up a train insisted he was 'a big softie' who didn't want to hurt anyone.
Its current five year licence comes to an end next Tuesday.
Extra armed police will guard major sporting events in London this weekend after the military was drafted in to protect key locations.