These were the most-crowded routes in autumn 2012. The capacity figure refers to the standard class passenger capacity for that train and the load figure refers to how many people actually travelled:
- 8:27am Heathrow-London Paddington - 476 - 786 65%
- 6.13pm London Euston-Birmingham New Street - 698 -1,049 65%
- 6;00pm London Waterloo-Portsmouth Harbour - 738 - 1,186 61%
- 7:17am Banbury-London Marylebone - 476 - 752 58%
- 6:19am Birmingham Moor St-London Marylebone - 288 - 445 55%
- 7:32am Tattenham Corner-London Bridge - 860 - 1,324 54%
- 6:15am Portsmouth Harbour-London Waterloo -598 - 897 50%
- 7:09am Henley-on-Thames-London Paddington - 440 - 657 49%
- 7:10am Haslemere-London Waterloo - 738 - 1,100 49%
More top news
It's enough to put you off your dinner. Here's what they found inside.
Police say indecent images of children have been found at the home of a deputy head teacher, who was recently found dead.
London’s mayor attempted to inject a mood of optimism into the Tory conference in Birmingham after recent defections to UKIP.