In the last three years the capital's fire crews have been called out to:
- Eighteen incidents involving children with their heads stuck in potties or toilet seats.
- Five incidents involving people's hands being stuck in shredders.
- Seventy nine incidents involving people being trapped in handcuffs.
- Four incidents where people had their hands stuck in blenders
- Seventeen incidents involving children with their fingers stuck in toys
More top news
The plaque at number 16 Cowley Street in Westminster marks the brown brick Georgian townhouse where Sir John lived for 31 years.
A man reportedly armed with several knives has been arrested in Whitehall on suspicion of planning a terror attack, police have said.
Metropolitan Police officer, Tom Harrison, has been crawling the course since the race began on Sunday morning.