In the last three years the capital's fire crews have been called out to:
- Eighteen incidents involving children with their heads stuck in potties or toilet seats.
- Five incidents involving people's hands being stuck in shredders.
- Seventy nine incidents involving people being trapped in handcuffs.
- Four incidents where people had their hands stuck in blenders
- Seventeen incidents involving children with their fingers stuck in toys
More top news
Official readings are recorded three metres in the air but a study found levels of nitrogen dioxide (NO2) were higher at pushchair level.
Tubes, trains, trams, buses, cable cars, river buses, taxis and going by foot - your guide to getting around during the strike.
Union officials rejected a revised offer from Underground managers during a meeting at the conciliation service ACAS this afternoon.