In the last three years the capital's fire crews have been called out to:
- Eighteen incidents involving children with their heads stuck in potties or toilet seats.
- Five incidents involving people's hands being stuck in shredders.
- Seventy nine incidents involving people being trapped in handcuffs.
- Four incidents where people had their hands stuck in blenders
- Seventeen incidents involving children with their fingers stuck in toys
More top news
The family of a father-of-three from East Ham have made a fresh appeal to catch his killer 20 years after he was murdered.
The Metropolitan Police has paid £45,000 in damages in an out-of-court settlement following the 'unlawful arrest' of a black motorist.
John Cantlie, who worked for a number of Fleet Street newspapers, is thought to have been taken hostage in November 2012.