The judge gave the Health Secretary permission to appeal against his decision.
A Department of Health spokesman said:
"This judgment applies to one aspect of a package of changes which we believe are in the best long-term interests of patients and the public across south east London.
"As it stands, the South London Healthcare NHS Trust has been running at a loss of about £1 million a week - money that has to be diverted from frontline patient care.
So of course we are disappointed by this decision. We need to consider the judgment carefully, and have obtained permission to appeal.
"We expect to continue other elements of that package of changes, including the dissolution of the South London Healthcare NHS Trust, planned for October 1 - although there are a number of steps to go before that can take place."
More top news
Protestors angry about an immigration raid at Byron burger earlier this week reacted by launching hundreds of insects into the restaurant
The author of the beloved children's books series said it felt 'wonderful' to launch the stage play on the West End
Crew members of the IchorCoal paid tribute to two sailors who died during the 11-month circumnavigation of the globe.