If you're out enjoying the capital in the warmer weather, learn more about pickpockets' tricks and distractions so you don't get relieved of your personal items.
British Transport Police has offered the following guidelines:
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in an inside pocket.
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags.
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body.
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm.
- Don't display jewellery.
- Don't show your money — keep it safely in your pocket.
More top news
You may have to re-think your costume as temperatures are set to be way above average this weekend
Lily Allen claims she was called a tart and refused a lift by a black cab driver who told her to go and "find an immigrant".
The moment a lorry driver stopped traffic to let out the apparent migrants from the back of his vehicle was filmed by another driver