If you're out enjoying the capital in the warmer weather, learn more about pickpockets' tricks and distractions so you don't get relieved of your personal items.
British Transport Police has offered the following guidelines:
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in an inside pocket.
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags.
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body.
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm.
- Don't display jewellery.
- Don't show your money — keep it safely in your pocket.
More top news
Alin-Cristi Lazar was caught putting the devices on the ticket machines around three stations on the Tube network.
Whirlpool is still forcing delays on customers with potentially dangerous tumble dryers, according to a consumer group.
They were buried at a Victorian cemetery between 1876 and 1924, but despite having proper funerals they did not receive headstones.