If you're out enjoying the capital in the warmer weather, learn more about pickpockets' tricks and distractions so you don't get relieved of your personal items.
British Transport Police has offered the following guidelines:
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in an inside pocket.
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags.
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body.
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm.
- Don't display jewellery.
- Don't show your money — keep it safely in your pocket.
More top news
A dramatic car chase has been spotted in central London amid filming for the next Transformers film.
Londoners have been stunned by a tattoo convention in which six body artists finished one person's back.
A map showing how Londoners are leaving capital has been drawn up from official statistics.