If you're out enjoying the capital in the warmer weather, learn more about pickpockets' tricks and distractions so you don't get relieved of your personal items.
British Transport Police has offered the following guidelines:
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in an inside pocket.
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags.
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body.
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm.
- Don't display jewellery.
- Don't show your money — keep it safely in your pocket.
More top news
Londoners who have received new electronic gadgets for Christmas are being advised to take simple steps to protect them from thieves.
The Boxing Day sales got off to a flying start with shops reporting a surge in business during the first hour of trading.
Bus strikes are planned for Monday 29 December and Monday 5 January.