If you're out enjoying the capital in the warmer weather, learn more about pickpockets' tricks and distractions so you don't get relieved of your personal items.
British Transport Police has offered the following guidelines:
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in an inside pocket.
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags.
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body.
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm.
- Don't display jewellery.
- Don't show your money — keep it safely in your pocket.
More top news
A Jewish woman liberated from Bergen-Belsen 70 years ago was among thousands of London's Jewish community marking Jewish Remembrance Day.
Tributes have been left to two people who died in a motorcycle crash. The driver has been named locally as Justas Pranckunas.
Two people were injured in a collision involving several vehicles in central London, after their car was caught between two buses.