If you're out enjoying the capital in the warmer weather, learn more about pickpockets' tricks and distractions so you don't get relieved of your personal items.
British Transport Police has offered the following guidelines:
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in an inside pocket.
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags.
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body.
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm.
- Don't display jewellery.
- Don't show your money — keep it safely in your pocket.
More top news
Crew members of the IchorCoal paid tribute to two sailors who died during the 11-month circumnavigation of the globe.
A man has died after being attacked outside Bethnal Green tube station in front of horrified onlookers
A number of teenagers playing the popular phone game have been targeted by armed robbers in a London park