If you're out enjoying the capital in the warmer weather, learn more about pickpockets' tricks and distractions so you don't get relieved of your personal items.
British Transport Police has offered the following guidelines:
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in an inside pocket.
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags.
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body.
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm.
- Don't display jewellery.
- Don't show your money — keep it safely in your pocket.
More top news
A rapist has been given three life sentences for a vicious attack on an 81-year-old woman minutes after he sat next to her on a bus.
When he was starting out Anthony Joshua accidentally broke his coach's wrist — and Sean Murphy still has the scars to prove it.
The verdict stemmed from ugly scenes which marred the Capital One third-round tie at Selhurst Park in September 2015.