If you're out enjoying the capital in the warmer weather, learn more about pickpockets' tricks and distractions so you don't get relieved of your personal items.
British Transport Police has offered the following guidelines:
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in an inside pocket.
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags.
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body.
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm.
- Don't display jewellery.
- Don't show your money — keep it safely in your pocket.
More top news
Officers were given the touching letter at Brixton Station while they were on a reassurance patrol after yesterday's attack
The 52-year-old had previous convictions for violence but was not on the anti-terror watchlist.
In a statement Charlton Athletic said: Keith was a true hero who will be greatly missed by all the Charlton family and everyone at the club.