If you're out enjoying the capital in the warmer weather, learn more about pickpockets' tricks and distractions so you don't get relieved of your personal items.
British Transport Police has offered the following guidelines:
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in an inside pocket.
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags.
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body.
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm.
- Don't display jewellery.
- Don't show your money — keep it safely in your pocket.
More top news
Two women had to be rushed to hospital after the driver of a 'BMW' mounted the pavement in a hit-and-run crash.
The shocking moment a cyclist was threatened by a driver with a metal baseball has been captured on a video posted online.
Music festivals and big sporting venues put on on “high alert” - one of Britain's most senior anti-terror police officers has revealed.