If you're out enjoying the capital in the warmer weather, learn more about pickpockets' tricks and distractions so you don't get relieved of your personal items.
British Transport Police has offered the following guidelines:
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in an inside pocket.
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags.
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body.
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm.
- Don't display jewellery.
- Don't show your money — keep it safely in your pocket.
More top news
The parents of a one of three graffiti artists hit by a train at Loughborough Junction have paid tribute to their son.
A school with fees of £8,000 a term has been criticised for including a lunch of baked potatoes in an "austerity day".
The family of notorious murdered criminal John "Goldfinger" Palmer have offered a £100,000 reward.