If you're out enjoying the capital in the warmer weather, learn more about pickpockets' tricks and distractions so you don't get relieved of your personal items.
British Transport Police has offered the following guidelines:
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in an inside pocket.
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags.
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body.
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm.
- Don't display jewellery.
- Don't show your money — keep it safely in your pocket.
More top news
The 47-year-old man died shortly after 3pm on Tuesday.
Specialist explosive detection dogs searched through the town examining letter boxes and phone booths for signs of potential devices.
Temperatures reached 29.1C in St James's Park, central London.