If you're out enjoying the capital in the warmer weather, learn more about pickpockets' tricks and distractions so you don't get relieved of your personal items.
British Transport Police has offered the following guidelines:
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in an inside pocket.
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags.
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body.
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm.
- Don't display jewellery.
- Don't show your money — keep it safely in your pocket.
More top news
The Metropolitan Police has paid £45,000 in damages in an out-of-court settlement following the 'unlawful arrest' of a black motorist.
John Cantlie, who worked for a number of Fleet Street newspapers, is thought to have been taken hostage in November 2012.
The union published a 'no show' league table for last year the worst offenders for cancellations.