If you're out enjoying the capital in the warmer weather, learn more about pickpockets' tricks and distractions so you don't get relieved of your personal items.
British Transport Police has offered the following guidelines:
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in an inside pocket.
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags.
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body.
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm.
- Don't display jewellery.
- Don't show your money — keep it safely in your pocket.
More top news
Twenty firefighters have rescued a woman after a car crashed into a cafe in West Hampstead.
The flat which is being advertised on a property website is described as, 'first floor bed-sit situated in a large Victorian house.'
Tottenham Hotspur have unveiled exclusive images from inside their new stadium.