If you're out enjoying the capital in the warmer weather, learn more about pickpockets' tricks and distractions so you don't get relieved of your personal items.
British Transport Police has offered the following guidelines:
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in an inside pocket.
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags.
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body.
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm.
- Don't display jewellery.
- Don't show your money — keep it safely in your pocket.
More top news
Detectives investigating an assault in Newham have released CCTV footage in a bid to identify the two suspects who attacked a 23-year-old.
Concern is growing for the welfare of a 28-year-old woman who has not been seen for more than two weeks.
A police officer in today's London Pride parade surprised his partner by proposing in the middle of the parade.