If you're out enjoying the capital in the warmer weather, learn more about pickpockets' tricks and distractions so you don't get relieved of your personal items.
British Transport Police has offered the following guidelines:
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in an inside pocket.
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags.
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body.
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm.
- Don't display jewellery.
- Don't show your money — keep it safely in your pocket.
More top news
Southern Railway has announced it will reinstate more than 100 daily train services which were cut to make its timetable more "resilient".
An 18-year-old boy is fighting for his life in hospital after being shot in the head.
Broadcaster Jeremy Vine has published shocking footage of of him “getting a kicking” from an angry driver during a heated confrontation.