If you're out enjoying the capital in the warmer weather, learn more about pickpockets' tricks and distractions so you don't get relieved of your personal items.
British Transport Police has offered the following guidelines:
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in an inside pocket.
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags.
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body.
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm.
- Don't display jewellery.
- Don't show your money — keep it safely in your pocket.
More top news
Did you see an exploding bus on Lambeth Bridge? Fear not all was not as it seemed.
Detectives investigating the death of a 27-year-old man in an east London park have charged a teenager
Shoppers evacuated from Topshop in central London after a 'fire breaks out' in the basement