If you're out enjoying the capital in the warmer weather, learn more about pickpockets' tricks and distractions so you don't get relieved of your personal items.
British Transport Police has offered the following guidelines:
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in an inside pocket.
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags.
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body.
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm.
- Don't display jewellery.
- Don't show your money — keep it safely in your pocket.
More top news
City traders are paying up to £200 to cure their hangovers with a vitamin drip, according to a doctor from Surrey.
People in Harrow are amongst the biggest savers in the country, according to a study of ISA balances.
A 42 year-old man from Thornton Heath has been jailed for ten years after carrying out a series of attacks on women in the City of London.