If you're out enjoying the capital in the warmer weather, learn more about pickpockets' tricks and distractions so you don't get relieved of your personal items.
British Transport Police has offered the following guidelines:
- Keep purses secure and carry wallets in an inside pocket.
- Zip up hand and shoulder bags.
- Carry bags in front of you with flaps against your body.
- Keep straps short and bags tucked under your arm.
- Don't display jewellery.
- Don't show your money — keep it safely in your pocket.
More top news
Fighting for their right to misuse nitrous oxide, approximately 60 or 70 protesters inhaled 'laughing gas' amid concerns over a clampdown.
The pilot, from the Gnat private display team died after the display aircraft he was in crashed near the CarFest event in Cheshire.
The annual cycling festival in London was the biggest ever this year - with more than 25,000 taking part today.