Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
Detectives believe the boy's mother and family members are deliberately concealing the baby, and may be committing an offence.
Fire crews say the plane was "100% alight" when they arrived at the scene.
The West End nightclub has come under fire over accusations it refused entry to women because of their skin colour.