Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
His car was about to get towed away. But he had other ideas.
41-year-old Latvian Arnis Zalkalns was last seen at home in Ealing on Wednesday, 3 September. He was reported missing two days later.
He fell 30 feet to the floor. But despite the drama, it appeared the show must go on.