Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
After his arrest, Apopei described his girlfriend as "a witch" and paced around his cell ranting about devil worship.
Controversial police chief Cressida Dick was today named Scotland Yard's first woman Commissioner.
Police accidentally sent letters to seven people killed in the Croydon tram crash, inviting them to a survivors meeting.