Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
TUC research shows that average costs of childcare are outpacing wage growth.
A "weather bomb" is set to bring heavy wind and rain to the UK over the weekend.
Aydin Onac has been suspended from his role at St Olave's Grammar School in Orpington.