Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
Police are appealing for witnesses after a crash involving a car and three pedestrians in Islington.
Five rugby league legends were immortalised in bronze today outside Wembley Stadium.
Four people have been bailed after a three-year-old girl was shot in the stomach with an air riffle while she played in a park.