Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
An exclusive poll of the capital's residents for ITV London has found Labour would make sweeping gains if an election were held tomorrow.
Research into property prices has found London has more areas with an average price of more than £1m than anywhere else in the UK.
A permanent memorial will be unveiled today in memory of murdered Middleton soldier Lee Rigby.