Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
The Met Office says temperatures are likely to climb above 20 celsius.
In a sketch for 'The Late Late Show', James Corden temporarily took charge with some unusual coaching techniques.
Calum McSwiggan posted a photo on Instagram as he lay in a hospital bed after the alleged attack.