Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
John Nolan, who was found with cigarettes and two lighters, suffered burns on 65% of his body after being alight for around six minutes.
Known as Pily she died in January, seven months after the disaster, having suffered a stroke.
The shake-up also aims to smash the "myth" that officers cannot pursue riders who are not wearing helmets.