Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
Londoners who have received new electronic gadgets for Christmas are being advised to take simple steps to protect them from thieves.
The Boxing Day sales got off to a flying start with shops reporting a surge in business during the first hour of trading.
Bus strikes are planned for Monday 29 December and Monday 5 January.