Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
The killer's solicitor has written to police challenging them to prove his confession.
Tottenham last won the league back in 1961 - but they are feeling confident after a string of great performances this year so far.
Crimestoppers are offering the reward as police say they are becoming increasingly concerned at the viciousness of the assaults.