Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
Arsenal managed to beat Everton at the weekend but it wasn't enough to finish in the top for the first time in Wenger's time at the club.
The entertainer was held for the murder of Stuart Lubbock, who was found dead in his swimming pool in 2001, but never charged.
Although the diamond was believed to be cut in the 19th Century, its history and how it arrived at the car boot sale is unknown.