Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
Russell Davy is still haunted by the memory of Eddie Heath, the chief scout he says sexually assaulted him at Charlton.
A leaked letter has caused huge controversy.
Video taken in Soho Square shows sparks flying into the air as the men cut through a lock on the Ducati bike.