Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
It will be increasingly cloudy this evening, with sporadic outbreaks of rain or drizzle spreading in during the first half of the night.
A derelict north London garage has gone on sale for £360,000 - more than the cost of a flat on the same road.
It has been described as like a scent from heaven - and the perfume that smells like a comet it set to be handed out in London.