Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
Rob Young has run more than a marathon a day for the last 12 months.
The hospital where the Duchess of Cambridge is due to give birth has had a superbug outbreak.
The London Marathon brings together thousands of people raising money for charity - not to mention some rather unusual costumes.