Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
The Duke of Edinburgh has cancelled an appearance at a London Zoo event as he continues to recover from an infection.
So far the Government has received samples from a number of high rise buildings where the cladding has failed safety tests.
The father-of-four from Cardiff with appear in court this afternoon charged with terrorism-related murder and attempted murder.