Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
A registered childminder who left one baby with a serious brain injury and another with a broken leg has been jailed for 16 years.
An "urgent" review is being carried out by police after a rape prosecution collapsed when vital evidence was revealed at the last minute.
A Mercedes driver whose vehicle toppled six feet into somebody's basement has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving.