Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
Emergency services were called to South Street in Enfield this morning, but the victim was pronounced dead around 30 minutes later.
Scores of flights were cancelled and drivers were warned to take care as the "mini beast from the east" swept in.
A campaign to save one of London's oldest football clubs had their fight heard in Parliament after their MP secured an adjournment debate.