Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
Elena Veronica Ciochina left her home in Newham on Saturday night and hasn't been seen since.
The internet's favourite grumpy feline has flown over from the US to take in the sights of London but looks less than impressed.
Nero jumped a fence in Watford which had a 12-foot drop the other side.