Today's report shows that cases failed in court because of the prosecution not being ready, the absence of prosecution witnesses or failings in court administration.
- The prosecution not being ready (1,068 cases)
- Prosecution failing to disclose unused evidence (403)
- Absent witnesses on the prosecution side such as police and professional experts (1,552)
- Prosecution advocates failing to attend or engaged in another trial (89)
- No interpreter available (286)
- Courtroom equipment failure (127)
More top news
Largely dry with clear spells overnight.
An amateur photographer from Essex has captured this stunning picture of a weasel being carried on the back of a woodpecker.
Footage showing the "truly shocking" moment a teenager was stabbed to death as he rode his bike with friends has been released.