Advertisement

Grief over teen diet pill death

The heartbroken parents of a fit, healthy and bright teenager who died after taking a toxic quick-fix diet pill said they were "incredulous" that it is so easily available at the click of a button without any legal comeback.

View all 4 updates ›

Mother 'shocked to the core' over son's diet pill death

How many deaths does it need for somebody to say this is not acceptable?

We had no idea he was taking it. We are absolutely shocked to the core that he would take the risk because he was bright. He was not reckless.

I really find it unbelievable that with a few clicks of a button that this stuff is so widely available on the internet.

We are both incredulous that something that is not suitable for human consumption can be sold in tablet form with no obvious legal redress.

– Lesley Maplecroft, mother of Chris Mapletoft

More top news