During the strike firefighters will attend:
- Serious fires, such as those in Londoners' homes
- Fires that involve gas cylinders or hazardous substances
- Vehicle & boat fires
- Fires at railway stations and rail and road tunnels
- Fires involving people in underground tunnels
- Aircraft or train crashes
- Road traffic collisions
- Collapsed structures
Source: London Fire Brigade
More top news
Police investigating the Grenfell Tower fire have "reasonable grounds" to suspect corporate manslaughter may have been committed.
Charlie Gard will "inevitably" die shortly after being moved to a hospice and having life-support treatment withdrawn.
The service has 1,366 people rammed into a dozen carriages designed for just 640.