To highlight the problem of lift call outs, London Fire Brigade have released the top ten worst offenders for non-emergency calls to people stuck in lifts.
The number one building was a block of flats in south east London where last year firefighters were called once a fortnight to deal with somebody trapped inside a lift.
The top ten buildings and the number of call outs in 2012/13 are:
- Wendover, Thurlow Street SE17: 27
- Hornbeam House, Maitland Park Villas, NW3: 20
- Earlsdown House, Wheelers Cross, IG11: 19
- Maydew House, Abbeyfield Road, SE16: 16
- Bradenham, Boyson Road, Walworth, SE17: 15
- Hillrise Mansions, Wartlersville Road, N19: 15
- Eddystone Tower, Oxestall Road, SE8: 15
- Delafield House, Christian Street, E1: 14
- Hastings House, Sherborne Avenue, EN3: 13
- Rothay, Albany Street, NW1: 13
More top news
Several famous London landmarks lost their illuminations for an hour last night as part of a charity campaign to highlight climate change.
As Christians communities prepare to mark Holy Week, find out the true meaning behind the Easter story and how each day will be celebrated.
More than 200 people are expected at London's first Muslim Youth Festival which will look at stopping the radicalisation of young Britons.