To highlight the problem of lift call outs, London Fire Brigade have released the top ten worst offenders for non-emergency calls to people stuck in lifts.
The number one building was a block of flats in south east London where last year firefighters were called once a fortnight to deal with somebody trapped inside a lift.
The top ten buildings and the number of call outs in 2012/13 are:
- Wendover, Thurlow Street SE17: 27
- Hornbeam House, Maitland Park Villas, NW3: 20
- Earlsdown House, Wheelers Cross, IG11: 19
- Maydew House, Abbeyfield Road, SE16: 16
- Bradenham, Boyson Road, Walworth, SE17: 15
- Hillrise Mansions, Wartlersville Road, N19: 15
- Eddystone Tower, Oxestall Road, SE8: 15
- Delafield House, Christian Street, E1: 14
- Hastings House, Sherborne Avenue, EN3: 13
- Rothay, Albany Street, NW1: 13
More top news
New figures show that lifeboat crews in London were the busiest in Britain in 2014. We look back at some of their most dramatic rescues.
Vlogging from her home in London she has become a YouTube sensation, so successful she has just published her first book.
Health union workers were due to walk out on Thursday in a dispute over pay.