Here are some of the key rail routes into London, and how a maximum rise of 6.1% would affect prices (if imposed):
- Brighton to Victoria: Currently £3,532, 6.1% rise = £3,747
- Reading to Paddington: Currently £3,960.00, 6.1% rise = £4,201
- Guildford to Waterloo: Currently £3224.00, 6.1% rise = £3,420
- St Albans to Thameslink: Currently £3,112.00, 6.1% rise = £3,301
- Shenfield to Liverpool Street: Currently £2704.00, 6.1% rise = £2,968
- Southend Victoria to Liverpool Street: Currently £3452.00, 6.1% rise = £3,662
- Bedford to Thameslink: Currently £4172, 6.1% rise = £4,426
- Basingstoke to London terminals: Currently £3952, 6.1% rise = £4,193
- East Croydon to Waterloo: Currently £1,572.00, 6.1% rise = £1,667
More top news
The threat level has been raised to critical by MI5's Counter-Terrorism Analysis Centre.
Sam Allardyce has quit as manager of Crystal Palace and retired from football management.
Authorities named Salman Abedi as the suspected attacker who detonated a bomb at the Manchester Arena.