If the changes go ahead it could mean:
- Less noise for residents as aircraft climb higher and more quickly on take-off
- Planes would also stay higher for longer when landing
- Changes could reduce the need for so much stacking - where planes circle while waiting for a landing slot
- They could also put more routes over the sea where possible
- It could also mean fewer aircraft CO2 emissions and fuel savings for airlines
More top news
Scotland Yard said two murder investigations have been launched following the separate incidents, which both happened in the past week.
Photos show the extraordinary surgical procedures to remove the growth.
The Met Police says 143 firearms have been handed in at stations across the capital in just seven days, including two antique machine guns.