If the changes go ahead it could mean:
- Less noise for residents as aircraft climb higher and more quickly on take-off
- Planes would also stay higher for longer when landing
- Changes could reduce the need for so much stacking - where planes circle while waiting for a landing slot
- They could also put more routes over the sea where possible
- It could also mean fewer aircraft CO2 emissions and fuel savings for airlines
More top news
The 78-year-old woman suffered serious injuries after her bag became trapped between the doors of a train at Notting Hill Gate station.
The oil has affected wildlife and boat owners have been told not to move their vessels to avoid spreading it.
Fearing for public safety, PC Chegwin pushed her in the chest in a defensive manner, not knowing she had extensive breast surgery.