If the changes go ahead it could mean:
- Less noise for residents as aircraft climb higher and more quickly on take-off
- Planes would also stay higher for longer when landing
- Changes could reduce the need for so much stacking - where planes circle while waiting for a landing slot
- They could also put more routes over the sea where possible
- It could also mean fewer aircraft CO2 emissions and fuel savings for airlines
More top news
ITV News, Producer gives her take on the lack of provisions for disabled supporters of the beautiful game.
Londoners could be at greater risk from terror attacks if Government ministers cut police budgets, Sadiq Khan today warned.
A freedom of information request has found of the 53,640 council-owned garages, 41%, were found to be standing empty.