If the changes go ahead it could mean:
- Less noise for residents as aircraft climb higher and more quickly on take-off
- Planes would also stay higher for longer when landing
- Changes could reduce the need for so much stacking - where planes circle while waiting for a landing slot
- They could also put more routes over the sea where possible
- It could also mean fewer aircraft CO2 emissions and fuel savings for airlines
More top news
A buying agent has said house prices have slumped 10-15% in a week in a newspaper report warning of a downturn in the market.
Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez has posted gruesome pictures of bruising on his injured ankle.
Commuters have been stopped in their tracks at the moving sight of hundreds of actors in First World War uniform up and down the country.