If the changes go ahead it could mean:
- Less noise for residents as aircraft climb higher and more quickly on take-off
- Planes would also stay higher for longer when landing
- Changes could reduce the need for so much stacking - where planes circle while waiting for a landing slot
- They could also put more routes over the sea where possible
- It could also mean fewer aircraft CO2 emissions and fuel savings for airlines
More top news
The twins cubs, which were born in June, have been named Bert and Ernie after characters from Sesame Street.
The two victims died from their injuries in hospital after the explosion in Hertfordshire.
Investigations are continuing into the cause of the crash in chigwell which killed both people on board.