If the changes go ahead it could mean:
- Less noise for residents as aircraft climb higher and more quickly on take-off
- Planes would also stay higher for longer when landing
- Changes could reduce the need for so much stacking - where planes circle while waiting for a landing slot
- They could also put more routes over the sea where possible
- It could also mean fewer aircraft CO2 emissions and fuel savings for airlines
More top news
Police have arrested a man wanted in connection with a burglary at the home of pensioner Richard Osborn-Brooks.
The rally comes after it emerged that the Home Office destroyed thousands of landing cards documenting the arrival of windrush-era migrants
All the info you need to watch and get around London.