If the changes go ahead it could mean:
- Less noise for residents as aircraft climb higher and more quickly on take-off
- Planes would also stay higher for longer when landing
- Changes could reduce the need for so much stacking - where planes circle while waiting for a landing slot
- They could also put more routes over the sea where possible
- It could also mean fewer aircraft CO2 emissions and fuel savings for airlines
More top news
If you're dreading going to work Monday morning, how about this for a career change.
Police have released more images of people wanted in connection with what they describe as 'disorder' at a McDonalds in central London.
Four teenage girls, one of them aged 15, have been arrested following what police are describing as "disorder" at a McDonalds branch.