If the changes go ahead it could mean:
- Less noise for residents as aircraft climb higher and more quickly on take-off
- Planes would also stay higher for longer when landing
- Changes could reduce the need for so much stacking - where planes circle while waiting for a landing slot
- They could also put more routes over the sea where possible
- It could also mean fewer aircraft CO2 emissions and fuel savings for airlines
More top news
His estranged younger brother has been waiting to hear how and when he will be deported to their home country.
Missing Moses, 14, has special needs and has not been seen in the past year.
Police are becoming "increasingly concerned" for the welfare of a missing 76-year-old man from Fulham.