If the changes go ahead it could mean:
- Less noise for residents as aircraft climb higher and more quickly on take-off
- Planes would also stay higher for longer when landing
- Changes could reduce the need for so much stacking - where planes circle while waiting for a landing slot
- They could also put more routes over the sea where possible
- It could also mean fewer aircraft CO2 emissions and fuel savings for airlines
More top news
George Michael died in December last year at the age of 53.
PC Keith Palmer, 48, stabbed by Khalid Masood while on duty in the grounds of the Palace of Westminster last Wednesday.
Those gathered on the bridge fell silent at 2.40pm - the time the first call was made to police exactly seven days ago.