If you're worried that someone you know is suffering from Postnatal Depression, here's a guide to how to spot the signs.
- They frequently cry for no obvious reason
- They have difficulties bonding with their baby
- They seem to be neglecting themselves – for example, not washing or changing clothes
- They seem to have lost all sense of time – often unaware if 10 minutes or two hours have passed
- They lose all sense of humour and cannot see the funny side of anything
- They worry something is wrong with their baby, regardless of reassurance
If you think someone you know has postnatal depression, encourage them to open up and talk about their feelings to you, a friend, GP or health visitor.
Postnatal depression needs to be properly treated and isn't something you can just snap out of.
More top news
Most of the dogs were covered in scars and were found shut inside rooms in the private living quarters.
Lord Coe's comments in an exclusive interview with ITV News will dash the hopes of London Tories.
Members of Unite at 18 companies will walk out in February.