Key symptoms are:
- a persistent feeling of sadness and low mood
- loss of interest in the world around you and no longer enjoying things that used to give pleasure
- lack of energy and feeling tired all the time
Other symptoms can include:
- disturbed sleep, such as not being able to fall asleep during the night and then being sleepy during the day
- difficulties with concentration and making decisions
- low self-confidence
- poor appetite or an increase in appetite/"comfort eating"
- feeling very agitated or alternatively very apathetic
More top news
Labour leader tells May Day rally his party 'stand absolutely against racism in any form'.
Video has emerged of a police car colliding with a cyclist and driving over a bike during a mass bike ride in central London.
Harlesden's James DeGale has successfully defended his IBF super middleweight title against Rogelio Medina.