Key symptoms are:
- a persistent feeling of sadness and low mood
- loss of interest in the world around you and no longer enjoying things that used to give pleasure
- lack of energy and feeling tired all the time
Other symptoms can include:
- disturbed sleep, such as not being able to fall asleep during the night and then being sleepy during the day
- difficulties with concentration and making decisions
- low self-confidence
- poor appetite or an increase in appetite/"comfort eating"
- feeling very agitated or alternatively very apathetic
More top news
A senior employee at a 4-star London hotel has been jailed for six years for raping a man who he lured to a fake job interview.
Children's charity Kids Company is being investigated by the Metropolitan Police over criminal allegations.
The new list is the first to be published since the general election. Some of those identified owed money to a handful of workers.