Key symptoms are:
- a persistent feeling of sadness and low mood
- loss of interest in the world around you and no longer enjoying things that used to give pleasure
- lack of energy and feeling tired all the time
Other symptoms can include:
- disturbed sleep, such as not being able to fall asleep during the night and then being sleepy during the day
- difficulties with concentration and making decisions
- low self-confidence
- poor appetite or an increase in appetite/"comfort eating"
- feeling very agitated or alternatively very apathetic
More top news
The London property market is expected to be the hardest hit as buyers sit it out to see how the economy will be affected.
The former London mayor paid tribute to David Cameron just hours after the Prime Minister announced his resignation.
The pound crashed to its lowest level in 30 years as Britain voted to leave the EU.