Key symptoms are:
- a persistent feeling of sadness and low mood
- loss of interest in the world around you and no longer enjoying things that used to give pleasure
- lack of energy and feeling tired all the time
Other symptoms can include:
- disturbed sleep, such as not being able to fall asleep during the night and then being sleepy during the day
- difficulties with concentration and making decisions
- low self-confidence
- poor appetite or an increase in appetite/"comfort eating"
- feeling very agitated or alternatively very apathetic
More top news
The driver was attacked after a pedestrian - who had a child with him - walked out in front of the bus, forcing him to brake hard.
Historically Millwall fans have had the worst reputation. But now it seems Londoners have an almost equally bad impression of Chelsea.
The mayor claimed 'international despots and criminal rings' were using phoney companies to buy homes in the capital.