Key symptoms are:
- a persistent feeling of sadness and low mood
- loss of interest in the world around you and no longer enjoying things that used to give pleasure
- lack of energy and feeling tired all the time
Other symptoms can include:
- disturbed sleep, such as not being able to fall asleep during the night and then being sleepy during the day
- difficulties with concentration and making decisions
- low self-confidence
- poor appetite or an increase in appetite/"comfort eating"
- feeling very agitated or alternatively very apathetic
More top news
Barrie died at his home in Uxbridge, west London, after a short battle with cancer.
The first of the 66 trains for the recently-named Elizabeth Line was unveiled at a factory in Derby.
Krysia Osostowicz, 57, had her £200,000 violin snatched on Tuesday night when she was on her way back from a radio performance.