Key symptoms are:
- a persistent feeling of sadness and low mood
- loss of interest in the world around you and no longer enjoying things that used to give pleasure
- lack of energy and feeling tired all the time
Other symptoms can include:
- disturbed sleep, such as not being able to fall asleep during the night and then being sleepy during the day
- difficulties with concentration and making decisions
- low self-confidence
- poor appetite or an increase in appetite/"comfort eating"
- feeling very agitated or alternatively very apathetic
More top news
The London Mayor has made some forthright comments about Britons who have been lured to join Islamic State.
Bright spells with rain, sleet and snow showers at the weekend.
As soon as the information went missing in early January, the Ministry of Justice say they launched an urgent investigation.