Key symptoms are:
- a persistent feeling of sadness and low mood
- loss of interest in the world around you and no longer enjoying things that used to give pleasure
- lack of energy and feeling tired all the time
Other symptoms can include:
- disturbed sleep, such as not being able to fall asleep during the night and then being sleepy during the day
- difficulties with concentration and making decisions
- low self-confidence
- poor appetite or an increase in appetite/"comfort eating"
- feeling very agitated or alternatively very apathetic
More top news
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn was unable to provide the cost of his party's key manifesto plans on free child care.
Montana Abdhou was with a group of friends when two men on bikes opened fire.
BA is expecting to run a full schedule on Tuesday from Heathrow and Gatwick but said it still had work to do reuniting bags with passengers.