Key symptoms are:
- a persistent feeling of sadness and low mood
- loss of interest in the world around you and no longer enjoying things that used to give pleasure
- lack of energy and feeling tired all the time
Other symptoms can include:
- disturbed sleep, such as not being able to fall asleep during the night and then being sleepy during the day
- difficulties with concentration and making decisions
- low self-confidence
- poor appetite or an increase in appetite/"comfort eating"
- feeling very agitated or alternatively very apathetic
More top news
Sadiq Khan issues the first 'very high' air quality alert since becoming Mayor
The RSPCA alongside fire and rescue teams were called to help save a cat which got itself stuck in between a 15cm wall.
A glitch on TfL's Journey planner has begun renaming some of London's most popular stations.