Key symptoms are:
- a persistent feeling of sadness and low mood
- loss of interest in the world around you and no longer enjoying things that used to give pleasure
- lack of energy and feeling tired all the time
Other symptoms can include:
- disturbed sleep, such as not being able to fall asleep during the night and then being sleepy during the day
- difficulties with concentration and making decisions
- low self-confidence
- poor appetite or an increase in appetite/"comfort eating"
- feeling very agitated or alternatively very apathetic
More top news
The jewellery, worth an estimated £60,000, was being stored in a bank safety deposit box for safekeeping.
Teenage racing driver Billy Monger will receive a Pride of Sport award after promising his injuries won't stop him doing what he loves.
Scotland Yard said two murder investigations have been launched following the separate incidents, which both happened in the past week.