Key symptoms are:
- a persistent feeling of sadness and low mood
- loss of interest in the world around you and no longer enjoying things that used to give pleasure
- lack of energy and feeling tired all the time
Other symptoms can include:
- disturbed sleep, such as not being able to fall asleep during the night and then being sleepy during the day
- difficulties with concentration and making decisions
- low self-confidence
- poor appetite or an increase in appetite/"comfort eating"
- feeling very agitated or alternatively very apathetic
More top news
Police were called to Kilburn High Road at 5.20pm after reports of a shooting.
In just 24 hours the offer was retweeted more than a thousand times on Twitter.
What a year it's been full of ups and down, turmoil and change and it seems events here in London have got the entire nation talking.