Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
His top speed is believed to be the highest ever recorded in the UK by a rider carrying a pillion passenger.
The mayor took time out from City Hall to join Conservative party workers handing out leaflets in Uxbridge and South Ruislip.
No matter where you look, London's population is getting older - with the exception of one of the capital's boroughs.