Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
Scotland Yard said two murder investigations have been launched following the separate incidents, which both happened in the past week.
Photos show the extraordinary surgical procedures to remove the growth.
The Met Police says 143 firearms have been handed in at stations across the capital in just seven days, including two antique machine guns.