Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
Best of the sunshine in the centre of town mid afternoon but dull and dank for most.
Detectives have released CCTV pictures of two men they are hunting and warned the culprits could have targeted others.
About 20 passengers were told to get off because the driver missed his lunch break.