Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
A new planet which could contain life has been discovered close enough to Earth to be reached by future space missions.
Crisis talks are being held over fears that trainee Catholic priests in Ireland are using the gay dating app Grindr.
Patience Chukwu was dragged along the street and punched repeatedly in the face near Homerton Hospital in east London.