Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
A 7-metre high sculpture has been installed in the shadow of the Gherkin building, as part of this year's Sculpture in the City exhibition.
Police are looking for a man who sexually assaulted a 12-year-old girl at a London train station yesterday while she was with her family.
A gang of robbers who dressed in burkas to stage raids on high-end stores in London have been convicted today.