Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
New figures show London Fire Brigade received 6,820 malicious hoax calls last year, almost twenty a day.
A production company has admitted health and safety breaches after Harrison Ford was crushed by a hydraulic door while filming Star Wars.
Network Rail has reopened two of the four lines but two will remain closed for the rest of the day.