Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
Police are investigating whether a Land Rover Defender found burnt out in West Horsley was involved in Tuesday night's ram raid.
The work, called Gift Horse, replaces the giant blue cockerel that previously sat on the plinth.
50 of the country's worst pollution blackspots are in the capital. Many in places you may visit every day.