Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
A rare has been stolen by a man in Surrey who was pretending to want to buy it.
Two people are dead another person is in hospital after London and the South East was battered by the fallout from Hurricane Gonzalo.
A British pop duo were forced to call a zoo for help after finding a scorpion in their home.