Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
British astronaut Tim Peake takes part in a test to see how a Mars rover handles when it's controlled from further away.
Jack Susianta, a 17-year-old student, died on July 29 2015 after jumping into the River Lee in east London.
Health inspectors found listeria, salmonella, ecoli and even potentially deadly listeria.