Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
The one-year-old Yorkshire Terrier was attacked and killed while being taken for a walk.
The lifeboat crew carried the pair into their boat and dropped them off back at Tower Bridge as people watched from the riverside.
The huge painting took two graffiti artists thousands of hours to complete in east London.