Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
Calum McSwiggan posted a photo on Instagram as he lay in a hospital bed after the alleged attack.
The London mayor publicly backed defeated candidate Owen Smith in the contest which saw Mr Corbyn re-elected party leader.
Police described it as a "growing sink hole" and it's unclear when the road will reopen.