Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
The City of London Corporation have axed a controversial scheme to allow hunting in Epping after reports of deer being 'disembowelled'.
A burst water main caused serious flooding in south London this morning with businesses and homes left submerged in water.
Campaigners have vowed to block the building of a £50 million Holocaust memorial that is due to be built next to Parliament.