Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
A yellow weather warning has been issued for London today and tomorrow with "thundery downpours" expected.
Police are appealing for witnesses after a crash involving a car and three pedestrians in Islington.
Five rugby league legends were immortalised in bronze today outside Wembley Stadium.