Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
The pathologist described the injuries as similar to those usually seen in a car crash.
Unlike in the countryside peregrines have no predators in the city and their numbers are on the rise.
You can help keep an eye out for the capital's worst potholes by reporting them on an interactive map.