Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
A Labour MP tipped as a possible candidate for London mayor has admitted crashing into a motorcylist her second accident in just over a year
The 48-year-old man was held on suspicion of theft from heritage and protected sites.
A Met Police officer was left red-faced after attempting to stop a cyclist riding along a dedicated cycle path.