Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
The company offered a Brexit risk-assessment said no deal from the EU would 'force Airbus to reconsider its investments in the UK'.
British Transport Police said they are working to reopen the major transport hub.
Investigators are trying to work out the cause of a fire at a homeware shop in south-east London.