Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
Elizabeth Hurley told ITV News it was vital for those who survive the disease to continue to be supported after their recovery.
The mother of Shane Virami are taking Thomas Cook and a friend of his to court over his death.
The OktoberFest beer festival, due to take place this weekend, has been cancelled at the last minute.