Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
The Professional Footballers Association says 302 players sought support in the first seven months of 2017.
Scotland Yard said it was investigating eight cases of fraud involving people allegedly claiming payments in the wake of the disaster.
The robbery is being connected to a spate of thefts in south east London.