Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
London Ambulance Service has more paramedic job vacancies than anywhere else in England.
Hundreds of people march for more affordable homes and control private rents in London.
Police proposals suggest that all frontline police officers should have the option of arming themselves with Tasers.