Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
London has welcomed in the Chinese New Year in style with the biggest party outside of Asia.
Detectives have launched a murder investigation after a man was fatally stabbed in Kensington.
The public is being urged to vote for a tree which symbolises the Scouting movement to secure a UK win in a Europe-wide competition.