Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
Police in Harrow have released CCTV footage as part of a reappeal for information about a sexual assault that happened last November.
Members of the RMT union on the Northern Line are planning to walk out on Monday after a driver was sacked for failing a breath test.
The A&E department at Northwick Park Hospital in north London has been under pressure following the closure of two other A&E units.