Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
Concern is growing for the welfare of a 28-year-old woman who has not been seen for more than two weeks.
A police officer in today's London Pride parade surprised his partner by proposing in the middle of the parade.
Record crowds are at this year's Pride in London parade as people show their support for the LGBT community after the Orlando shooting