Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
Kim Ward has taught Pickles to do tasks such as finding her phone and can even detect when her owner is about to have a seizure.
London Mayor Sadiq Khan is voted sixth most intelligent politician in history, according to a poll
Hollywood star Angelina Jolie Pitt is to become a visiting professor at the London School of Economics (LSE).