Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
Khan, the Labour MP for Tooting, claims his plan to hold fares at 2016 prices until 2020 is fully costed.
Lee Drake smashed into a moped in Poplar in June 2014, after going through a red traffic light with blue lights on but no sirens.
More than a decade after their daughter's death the Dowler family were given these harrowing details of their daughter's last hours.