Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
500 people evacuated after huge blaze in Edgware
Sir Vince Cable has become the new leader of the Liberal Democrats, after no other nominations were put forward.
He is believed to be one of the oldest victims in a worrying spate of recent knife crimes.