Data from the Met Office shows that the following areas saw the strongest wind overnight:
- The Needles, Isle of Wight - 99mph
- Langdon Bay, Kent - 82mph
- Isle of Portland, Dorset - 81mph
These areas saw the heaviest rain:
- Otterbourne, Hampshire - 50mm
- Wych Cross, East Sussex - 45.4mm
- Cardiff, Bute Park, South Glamorgan - 44.8mm
More top news
The capital's theatres also generate more searches than those in any other city, according to research by Google.
Union officials are expected to meet next week to plan further stoppages if talks fail to resolve the dispute.
Natalie Sharp and Christine Bicknell appeared in court over an alleged incident at a Lidl superstore in Wallington, south London.