- James Hughes died at the Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow on February 14, 2010
- He fell unexpectedly ill following knee surgery
- The operation went well but while recovering he developed abdominal pain
- He suspected there had been a rupture in Mr Hughes' bowel - a potentially life-threatening condition that requires surgery
- But the surgeon ignored the urgency that the case demanded and the patient later died
More top news
Police were called to Kilburn High Road at 5.20pm after reports of a shooting.
In just 24 hours the offer was retweeted more than a thousand times on Twitter.
What a year it's been full of ups and down, turmoil and change and it seems events here in London have got the entire nation talking.