- James Hughes died at the Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow on February 14, 2010
- He fell unexpectedly ill following knee surgery
- The operation went well but while recovering he developed abdominal pain
- He suspected there had been a rupture in Mr Hughes' bowel - a potentially life-threatening condition that requires surgery
- But the surgeon ignored the urgency that the case demanded and the patient later died
More top news
Two fathers from different parts of London both lost their sons in senseless acts of violence.
TUC research shows that average costs of childcare are outpacing wage growth.
A "weather bomb" is set to bring heavy wind and rain to the UK over the weekend.