- James Hughes died at the Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow on February 14, 2010
- He fell unexpectedly ill following knee surgery
- The operation went well but while recovering he developed abdominal pain
- He suspected there had been a rupture in Mr Hughes' bowel - a potentially life-threatening condition that requires surgery
- But the surgeon ignored the urgency that the case demanded and the patient later died
More top news
A university has taken down a link on the language section of its website after discovering it was for a Japanese hardcorn pornography site.
A woman in her 20s has been left "traumatised" after a man tried to drag a her into his car in an attempted kidnap.
Police are appealing for information after a man died following a serious assault at one of London's busiest train stations.