- James Hughes died at the Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow on February 14, 2010
- He fell unexpectedly ill following knee surgery
- The operation went well but while recovering he developed abdominal pain
- He suspected there had been a rupture in Mr Hughes' bowel - a potentially life-threatening condition that requires surgery
- But the surgeon ignored the urgency that the case demanded and the patient later died
More top news
Four men have been jailed for their part in the murder of a legal administrator, who was stabbed outside a pub on Borough High Street.
An American man has been sentenced to life in prison after travelling to the UK in a bid to murder a woman he met through online gaming.
The National Lottery has revealed the place where people win more big payouts than anywhere else - and it's in the capital