- James Hughes died at the Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow on February 14, 2010
- He fell unexpectedly ill following knee surgery
- The operation went well but while recovering he developed abdominal pain
- He suspected there had been a rupture in Mr Hughes' bowel - a potentially life-threatening condition that requires surgery
- But the surgeon ignored the urgency that the case demanded and the patient later died
More top news
On Monday a young man from Wembley was reported missing by family who suspected he was travelling to Syria. Police were too slow, says MP.
The ArcelorMittal Orbit, designed by Anish Kapoor, is the UK tallest sculpture and will soon be the world's tallest slide.
Lambeth council is believed to be the first in the UK to take action against the use of nitrous oxide as a stimulant.