- James Hughes died at the Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow on February 14, 2010
- He fell unexpectedly ill following knee surgery
- The operation went well but while recovering he developed abdominal pain
- He suspected there had been a rupture in Mr Hughes' bowel - a potentially life-threatening condition that requires surgery
- But the surgeon ignored the urgency that the case demanded and the patient later died
More top news
Handyman Paul Thrower died after two 18-year-olds hacked at him with a 4ft long axe and stabbed him 10 times at a block of flats.
The 34-year-old victim was left with a huge gash across her nose and face. Police need to find a man seen on CCTV.
The girl was travelling on a train from London Liverpool Street to Romford in Essex after going to see the poppies at the Tower Of London.