- James Hughes died at the Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow on February 14, 2010
- He fell unexpectedly ill following knee surgery
- The operation went well but while recovering he developed abdominal pain
- He suspected there had been a rupture in Mr Hughes' bowel - a potentially life-threatening condition that requires surgery
- But the surgeon ignored the urgency that the case demanded and the patient later died
More top news
John Cantlie, who worked for a number of Fleet Street newspapers, is thought to have been taken hostage in November 2012.
The union published a 'no show' league table for last year the worst offenders for cancellations.
Zalkalns was jailed in his native Latvia for eight years in 1988 after he admitted killing his wife with a piece of electrical equipment.