- James Hughes died at the Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow on February 14, 2010
- He fell unexpectedly ill following knee surgery
- The operation went well but while recovering he developed abdominal pain
- He suspected there had been a rupture in Mr Hughes' bowel - a potentially life-threatening condition that requires surgery
- But the surgeon ignored the urgency that the case demanded and the patient later died
More top news
54-year-old Paul Monk was caught as workmen were laying a marble patio around the swimming pool at his luxury villa in Alicante.
Janet Faal was left badly injured after leaving the house for only the third time in ten years.
Clear tonight with temperatures falling quickly. Light winds and lows of 5C.