- James Hughes died at the Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow on February 14, 2010
- He fell unexpectedly ill following knee surgery
- The operation went well but while recovering he developed abdominal pain
- He suspected there had been a rupture in Mr Hughes' bowel - a potentially life-threatening condition that requires surgery
- But the surgeon ignored the urgency that the case demanded and the patient later died
More top news
Nakay Kpaka, who starred in series Broadchurch and Grantchester, attacked two women while they slept at house parties.
The Senior Coroner who headed up the struggling West London Coroner's service has been suspended from his post.
Arsonists have been caught on CCTV camera firebombing a Chelsea mansion.