- James Hughes died at the Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow on February 14, 2010
- He fell unexpectedly ill following knee surgery
- The operation went well but while recovering he developed abdominal pain
- He suspected there had been a rupture in Mr Hughes' bowel - a potentially life-threatening condition that requires surgery
- But the surgeon ignored the urgency that the case demanded and the patient later died
More top news
Elena Veronica Ciochina left her home in Newham on Saturday night and hasn't been seen since.
The internet's favourite grumpy feline has flown over from the US to take in the sights of London but looks less than impressed.
Nero jumped a fence in Watford which had a 12-foot drop the other side.