- James Hughes died at the Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow on February 14, 2010
- He fell unexpectedly ill following knee surgery
- The operation went well but while recovering he developed abdominal pain
- He suspected there had been a rupture in Mr Hughes' bowel - a potentially life-threatening condition that requires surgery
- But the surgeon ignored the urgency that the case demanded and the patient later died
More top news
Love Pac-Man? You might be be about to love it a little bit more.
Cloudy with outbreaks of rain, heavy at times. Mainly dry by dawn. Minimum temperature 5C.
Wayne John Lione leapt behind the wheel and drove at the parking officers who were sitting in their car nearby, in Sutton, south London.