- James Hughes died at the Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow on February 14, 2010
- He fell unexpectedly ill following knee surgery
- The operation went well but while recovering he developed abdominal pain
- He suspected there had been a rupture in Mr Hughes' bowel - a potentially life-threatening condition that requires surgery
- But the surgeon ignored the urgency that the case demanded and the patient later died
More top news
Dry and cool night with clear spells tonight. Lows of 3C.
As Tibetan Buddhist communities celebrate Buddha's birthday, Lydia Polzer explains the true meaning of the special event.
Video has emerged showing a man being tasered by police during a tense stand-off in east London.