- James Hughes died at the Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow on February 14, 2010
- He fell unexpectedly ill following knee surgery
- The operation went well but while recovering he developed abdominal pain
- He suspected there had been a rupture in Mr Hughes' bowel - a potentially life-threatening condition that requires surgery
- But the surgeon ignored the urgency that the case demanded and the patient later died
More top news
Rahman was ejected from his powerful job in April by an Election Commissioner after being accused of corrupt and illegal practices.
The service was due to start in September but there is no agreement on pay and conditions such as how many night shifts staff will work.
Would you know what to do if you needed help? Here's the official advice from the Foreign Office.