- Haringey Council racked up the biggest bill with a spend of £197 million
- In second place is Westminster with £111 million
- Third is Enfield with £59 million
Some of the other highest spends include:
- Kensington and Chelsea with £53 million
- Newham with £35 million
- Islington with £33 million
More top news
John Cantlie, who worked for a number of Fleet Street newspapers, is thought to have been taken hostage in November 2012.
The union published a 'no show' league table for last year the worst offenders for cancellations.
Zalkalns was jailed in his native Latvia for eight years in 1988 after he admitted killing his wife with a piece of electrical equipment.