Lewis completed his final swim from Southend-on-Sea up to the Thames Barrier.
He broke the swim into two lengths – Southend to Gravesend on the 28th August and Gravesend to the Thames Barrier on the 29th August.
It took him 8 hours and 12 minutes.
I've just completed the first long-distance swim in the Seven Seas of the ancient world. I've experienced some things I will never forget. And seen some things I wish I could erase from my memory, but which will haunt me for the rest of my days. I will never forget the people I met along this journey, the literally hundreds of people from all walks of life who helped us and supported us and jumped in the sea to swim with us, just to be part of this mission, just for their love of the sea.
The renowned endurance swimmer is the United Nation’s Patron of the Oceans.
The UN is urging all nations to set aside at least 10% of the world’s oceans as effective and well-managed Marine Protected Areas by 2020.
Details of all his swims are as follows:
- 9th August, he swam from Monte Carlo, Monaco for 10km in the Mediterranean Sea. It took 3 hours and 33 minutes.
- 12th August, he set off from Zadar, Croatia along the Kornati Islands swimming 10km in the Adriatic Sea. That swim took 3 hours and 55 minutes.
- 16th August, he swam the Aegean Sea from Athens, Greece, It took 3 hours and 12 minutes.
- 19th August, he left Istanbul, Turkey for a 10km swim in the Black Sea. That leg took hours and 48 minutes.
- 21st August, he travelled to Aqaba, Jordan to swim the Red Sea in 2 hours and 57 minutes.
- 25th August, he set off from Rass Al Hadd, Oman and swam 10km in the Arabian Sea for 3 hours and 15 minutes.
- 28th-29th August, he swam from Southend up to the Thames Barrier, part of the North Sea. The 60km swim took 8 hours and 12 minutes.
More top news
Anti-fox hunting campaigners marched from on Downing Street to oppose controversial promise to hold a vote to repeal the Hunting Act.
Thousands of drivers were caught illegally using their mobile phones on London's roads following a major crackdown.
A motorcyclist is fighting for his life in hospital after a crash with a car in Kensington.