The stuntman and wingsuit expert will attempt a world first - a wingsuit flight and landing without a parachute.
Flying just using his wingsuit, Gary Connery will drop 1.4km out of a helicopter, to land on a box rig.
Gary, who describes himself as a professional adrenaline junkie, will jump from the helicopter and fly downwards to around 200ft above the rig, where he will begin to flare his wings and reduce his speed from 80mph to 50mph. The entire flight lasting around 50 seconds and culminating in the Bremont Wingman landing, unaided, on the box rig.
Gary has previously carried out similar landings, during stunt his work on films such as Die Another Day, The Beach, Indiana Jones, Dead Fish, Batman Begins, Band of Brothers and many more. According to his website, he even appeared as a stuntman in an episode of Downton Abbey.
Gary has teamed up with Bremont Watch Company to make the jump at Henley-on-Thames in Oxfordshire. He said he was looking forward to the challenge.
– Gary Connery, stuntman
"The last few days have been a whirl of activity making sure everything is in place for flight. There has been so much interest in my world first attempt and a huge amount of support from the British public. It has been a bit of waiting game in terms of making sure we have the right weather and now we have the green light, I can't wait to go for it. So, on Wednesday morning, keep your eyes on the sky for the Bremont wingman!"
Giles English - Co-Founder of Bremont said: "We are extremely proud to be supporting the Bremont Wingman world first attempt and are convinced that Gary will achieve his goal. Being a stuntman, Gary shares our interest in timing and precision."
- He joined the army, 3 para at 23 where he started military parachuting, skydiving and BASE jumping.
- To date, Gary has completed over 880 skydives and 450 BASE jumps, his first wingsuit jump was more than eight years ago.
- He's been on the UK Stunt Register since November 1997 and became a stunt co-ordinator in 2003.
- Gary's most notorious falls/jumps include The Beach starring Leonardo di Caprio, doing a waterfall jump, doubling for Gary Oldman on Dead Fish jumping from Tower Bridge into a moving boat and falling from a car as it travels over a waterfall in Indiana Jones, doubling for John Hurt.
- BASE jumps of note include The Eiffel Tower, Nelson's Column, The London Eye, inside The Millenium Dome, Beachy Head on a BMX Bike and The Hilton Hotel Park Lane, London.