A festival celebrating the 24-hour Paralympic Torch Relay brings the South East’s best artistic talent to the streets of Aylesbury as part of a four-day UK wide event. It gives local people the opportunity to experience the Paralympic Games. The free Aylesbury Paralympic Flame Celebration will take place on Tuesday August 28th.
The line-up for the event features:
· Award-winning disabled visual artist Rachel Gadsden
· Artistic Director Ryan Dawson Laight
· Non-disabled and disabled dance company Candoco Dance Company
· UK’s leading integrated dance company StopGAP Dance Company
· Creative pyrotechnics The World Famous, who specialise in large scale fireworks, flames and special effects.
· Acclaimed folk musician Eliza Carthy
· Internationally acclaimed early music British vocal ensemble
· Video artist company Shared Space & Light
· Milton Keynes-based carnival arts group Festive Road
· Stoke Mandeville Stadium exhibition and documentary at Stoke Mandeville