1. ITV Report

Dad calls for Carbon Monoxide alarms to be made compulsory after daughter's death

Katie Haines died from Carbon Monoxide poisoning in February 2010 Photo:

The father of a young bride who died from Carbon Monoxide poisoning shortly after returning home from her honeymoon has begun a campaign to protect others from the same fate. Katie Haines had been looking forward to a new chapter in her life. But it was not to be. She fell victim to an unseen, silent killer in her own home.

Since her death two years ago Katie Haines' family have campaigned tirelessly to try to prevent a smilar tragedy befalling anyone else.

Now her father, Gordon Samuel, has been to Westminster to demand that Carbon Monoxide alarms are made compulsory in all homes. Sarah Saunders reports.