Primary schools in Medway are among the worst performing in the country, according to new league tables released by the Government.
Pupils aged 11 are now expected to reach at least Level 4 as a minimum in the corse subjects of reading, writing and maths.
It's a tougher standard than in previous years and schools who fail to meet the standard face being taken over and turned into academies.
Schools must ensure that at least 60% of pupils reach this level in all three subjects and meet national averages in pupil progress to be considered above the floor.
The best performing schools in the South East were Sandgate Primary School near Folkestone; St Mary's Catholic Primary School in Tilbury; Cobham Primary School in Gravesend and Saltwood CofE Primary School in Hythe. They all achieved a 100% pass rate.
The worst performing school was Kings Farm Primary School in Gravesend where only 23 per cent achieved the required standard.
*Local authorities in the South East based on the number of pupils achieving Level 4 in reading, writing and maths: *
- Brighton and Hove 79%
- Essex 75%
- Kent 74%
- Southend-on-Sea 74%
- West Sussex 73%
- East Sussex 72%
- Thurrock 72%
- Medway 71%
*Schools in the South East in the top 200 based on percentage of pupils achieving Level 4 in reading, writing and maths: *
- Sandgate Primary School, Folkestone - 100%
- St Mary's Catholic Primary School, Tilbury - 100%
- Cobham Primary School, Gravesend - 100%
- Saltwood CofE Primary School, Hythe - 100%
- Great Berry Primary School, Basildon - 98%
- All Saints CofE Primary School, Horsham - 97%
- Lady Boswell's CofE Voluntary Aided Primary School, Sevenoaks - 97%
Schools in the South East in the bottom 200 based on percentage of pupils achieving Level 4 in reading, writing and maths: **
- Kings Farm Primary School, Gravesend - 23%
- Phoenix Junior Academy, Chatham - 29%
- Molehill Copse Primary School, Maidstone - 34%
- Broadfield East Junior School, Crawley - 35%
- Archbishop Courtenay Primary School, Maidstone - 37%
- St Bartholomew's CofE Primary School, Brighton - 37%
- Warren Wood Community Primary School and Language Unit, Rochester - 37%
- The John Wallis CofE Academy, Ashford - 38%
- The Phoenix Primary School, Basildon - 39%
- Skinner Street Primary School, Gillingham - 39%
- Whitehawk Primary School, Brighton - 39%
- Drapers Mills Primary School, Margate - 42%
- Purfleet Primary School, Purfleet - 43%
- Heron Park Academy, Eastbourne - 44%
- Istead Rise Primary School, Gravesend - 44%
- Bardfield Primary School, Basildon - 44%
- Langney Primary School, Eastbourne - 44%
- Dame Janet Community Junior School, Ramsgate - 46%
- Western Road Community Primary School, Lewes - 47%
- St Mary's Catholic Primary School, Worthing - 48%
- Beaver Green Primary School, Ashford - 48%
- Northlands Junior School, Basildon - 48%
- Luton Junior School, Chatham - 49%
- Bournemouth Park Primary School, Southend-on-Sea - 49%