Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Tributes to boy, 7, who died from allergic reaction after eating a bowl of spaghetti

The family were visiting the Amalfi coast in Italy Credit: PA

A schoolboy from Sussex has died during a family holiday to Italy after suffering an allergic reaction from a meal of spaghetti, it's been reported.

Cameron Wahid from East Grinstead was on holiday in Sorrento, according to the Daily Mail.

It's reported that the family of four had boarded a coach for a one-day trip to Scala on the Amalfi coast.

It's understood that Cameron, who was allergic to dairy produce, went into cardiac arrest. He was rushed to hospital but died on Friday.

Cameron had eaten half a bowl of pasta al pomodoro made with home-made pasta followed by fruit.

Penny Crocker, the headteacher of Blackwell School where Cameron was a pupil today paid tribute to him.

He was a delightful young lad, whose smile and cheeky grin could light up a whole room.

In the classroom, he was so eager to learn and try his best. He was a great independent learner. He loved his football and so many of our children here have fond memories of their time together with Cameron – playing football in the playground, spending time away at Beaver camp, going swimming, playing maths games together.

He will be greatly missed and all our thoughts and love are with the family at this tragic time.

– Penny Crocker, headteacher