A paraglider has had a lucky escape after he crashed into overhead power cables on take-off.
Firefighters were called to a field in Church Road in the village of Smeeth, near Ashford, Kent, just after 3pm on Saturday.
Below: Kent 999s tweeted a video from the scene:
The man's paraglider had collided with overhead power cables on take-off, sparking small fires when his canopy became entangled.
Kent Fire and Rescue Service said the man was freed uninjured when crews arrived.
Once the power cables had been isolated by an electrical safety engineer, firefighters extinguished the small blazes.