A Bournemouth steward who claimed to have been assaulted by Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has withdrawn the allegation, the south-coast club have announced.
A Cherries steward made a statement to Dorset Police about an alleged incident which followed Raheem Sterling's goal in the seventh minute of stoppage time, which earned the visitors a 2-1 Premier League win at the Vitality Stadium.
Aguero denied the allegation and City officials reviewed footage from a number of angles and said there was nothing to support the steward's claim, which has now been withdrawn following a "misunderstanding".
A statement from Bournemouth read:
Aguero took to Twitter on Saturday evening to celebrate City's victory - and to address the steward's allegation.
Writing prior to the Bournemouth statement, the Argentina striker posted: "Great win today! On this story about their steward, I did not hit anyone, this allegation is false, and the tv pictures prove it. C'mon City".
Dorset Police had earlier launched an investigation.
The local force said in a statement that two male spectators from Manchester had been arrested for encroaching on to the pitch, while they were reviewing CCTV footage to determine if any other offence was committed.