Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Mutiny festival to go ahead next year under new name

Photo:

A music festival in Portsmouth where two people fell ill and later died will now continue under a new name in tribute to the two young people who lost their lives.

Festival-goers Georgia Jones, 18, and Tommy Cowan, 20, died after attending Mutiny Festival in May.

Five people were later arrested on suspicion of drugs offences.

They were among 15 revellers admitted to Queen Alexandra Hospital from Mutiny that night, with organisers issuing a warning of a “high strength or bad batch” of drugs.

Festival organisers confirmed the event will be going ahead next year but under a different name

Organisers said the event would take place next year but the Mutiny name would be "retired" out of respect.

It also said entry would be restricted to those over 18.

Sunday's festival performances were cancelled following the deaths.

Sean Paul paid his respects to the loved ones of the pair who died, as did Craig David, who tweeted: “My heart goes out to the family and friends of the two young people who lost their lives at @MutinyFestivals yesterday.”

We will be retiring the Mutiny Festival name as a mark of respect, but it'll take place at King George V Playing Fields on the same Bank Holiday weekend featuring many of last year's Sunday artists who have kindly rescheduled."

– Mutiny Festival Organisers