Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Serious failings contributed to death of patient who drank cleaning fluid

Serious failings at a hospital in Sussex contributed to the death of an elderly patient - who died after drinking cleaning fluid that had been left in a water jug at her beside.

Joan Blaber who was 85 drank the 'Flash' liquid while taking her medication at the Royal Sussex Hospital in Brighton. Her family today urged that lessons are learnt to prevent similar deaths in the future. Tom Savvides reports.