- 7 updates
Staff at the Ryde Castle Hotel on the Isle of Wight are trying to find alternative accommodation for their guests after a fire swept through the building on Saturday night. A spokesperson from the hotel's parent company said that guests were safely evacuated to a nearby church.
Sources say fireworks were set off from the roof of the Ryde Castle Hotel which caught fire in Ryde on the Isle of Wight on Saturday night. The building was evacuated during a wedding reception. There are no reports of any injuries. The Isle of Wight Fire & Rescue Service is investigating.
Chief Fire Officer Steve Apter, of Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue, describes last night's blaze at a wedding reception on the island.