Fire as man sleeps on sofa

A man has been treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at his home.

Live updates

Man rescued after cooking catches fire

A 47 year old man has been rescued by firefighters after his cooking caught fire when he fell asleep on the sofa.

Five firefighters broke into his flat in Granary Way, Horsham, West Sussex and rescued him from his living room.

He suffered smoke inhalation and was treated by South East Coast Ambulance service.

He didn't require hospital treatment. Firefighters responded when a fire alarm went off shortly after 1335 this afternoon. Other parts of his flat were smoke damaged.

Back to top