- 2 updates
Station Manager Paul Bremble said: “ The owners were very lucky to escape, had this happened at night there would have been the potential for the fire to go unnoticed for some time.
"The owners did have working smoke detectors which would help in any fire situation. Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Service believe that the fire was caused by a fault with the electric fitting in the house”
A couple escaped a fire at a bungalow in Oxfordshire yesterday.
Fire Appliances attended a roof fire at a property in Begbroke at 11.25am.
On arrival crews were faced with a fire in the roof of a bungalow with large amounts of smoke coming from the roof and flames could be seen at the rear of the roof.
The fire was quickly brought under control by the quick actions of the crew.