Barbecue starts fire in Dorset

FIRE chiefs are warning people about the dangers of storing used barbecues after one started a fire in a garage in Burton Bradstock in Dorset.

Warnings after fire crews attend barbecue fire

With the fine weather this weekend the fire brigade is warning people about the dangers of storing used barbecues after hot coals started a fire in a garage in Dorset. Fire crews were called to the fire in Shipton Lane in Burton Bradstock last night.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said the cause was accidental due to used barbecue coals catching a wood store alight.

A spokesman said used barbecues should be left in the open away from anything flammable before being stored in a safe location.

Advertisement