Toddler chews drugs wrap

A toddler has been hospitalised after he chewed on a drugs wrap discarded at a recreation ground.

Toddler in hospital: Police statement

Det Sgt Darren Cartwright said: “This was obviously a frightening experience for the boy’s parents, but fortunately he doesn’t seem to have been seriously harmed. It seems he had picked up a discarded paper wrap believed to have contained an illegal drug.

“There is potential for further for forensic investigation into the incident , and we would like to make parent’s, guardians, and caregivers aware of it, especially in light of the continuing hot weather which families are taking advantage of by visiting our parks and public areas."

Toddler chews drugs wrap

A toddler has been hospitalised after he chewed on a discarded drugs wrap at a recreation ground.

The incident happened yesterday at the Southern Road recreation ground in Thame when a 14-month old boy picked up what is believed to be a discarded drugs wrap and chewing it

Police were called at 5.15pm by the ambulance service, who took the boy to Stoke Mandeville Hospital.

His condition is not thought to be serious and he is being kept in overnight for observation.

Advertisement