Swimming pool explosion

A family were treated for gas inhalation after a small chemical explosion in the swimming pool of their Southampton home.

Live updates

No serious injuries after swimming pool explosion

The father, his wife - both thought to be in their 40s - and their young son, aged around 12, were treated at the scene by South Central Ambulance Service for gas inhalation and taken to hospital as a precaution. No-one was seriously injured.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus to enter the plant room. They used dry earth to soak up a small amount of spilled chemical and ventilated the room. Crews from St Mary's, Redbridge and Hightown dealt with the incident.

Family treated after swimming pool explosion

A family were treated for gas inhalation after a small chemical explosion in the swimming pool of their home in Southampton last night.Chemicals were being prepared to put in the swimming pool in the plant room at the house on Chine Avenue, Bitterne.

The mixing caused a small bang at around 19.15pm and released a small amount of gas, thought to be chlorine.

Advertisement

Back to top