Two Hampshire stores had to be evacuated and 62 people treated by paramedics after gas leaked from a fridge. It happened at Sainsburys in Hedge End near Southampton - as Kerry Swain reports. She speaks to eyewitness Mark Rowe and Hampshire Fire and Rescue's Mark Larrimore.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service have confirmed that the gas leak yesterday in Southampton was carbon dioxide, which was emitted from a fridge.
A shopping centre in Hampshire has been evacuated tonight. More than 60 people have been treated following a suspected gas leak. One person has been taken to hospital. Sainsbury's and Marks and Spencer at Hedge End were cordoned off.
We talked to Station Commander Mark Larrinore from High Town Fire station, Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service.
A Hampshire shopping centre has been evacuated after a gas leak.
Sainsbury's and Marks and Spencer in Tollbar Way, Hedge End had to be evacuated as teams from the hazardous materials unit for the fire service tried to find the leak.
The alarm was raised after some shoppers and staff complained of not feeling well.
A spokesperson from Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said they were not able to confirm what type of gas was involved.
They also added that all people were accounted for.
We are currently attending a suspected gas leak at the Hedge End retail park at Tolbar Way, Hedge End