- 2 updates
Kent Fire and Rescue Service have issued the following tips for drivers and residents, ahead of forecasts of heavy rain the the region.
- Do not to attempt to drive through flooded roads or fords
- Only call the emergency services if there is a risk to life or serious property or environmental damage
- Following a flood in your home, make sure all electrical circuits are fully dried out and checked by an electrical engineer
- Look after neighbours who may be vulnerable
- Keep an eye on weather reports on local television or radio news channels