E-cigarette causes flat fire

They are supposed to be safer than real cigarettes, but now an e-cigarette is being blamed for causing a fire in a flat.

Live updates

No smoke, but still a fire - e-cigarette to blame?

How can it be possible? e-cigarettes aren't alight so how can one be blamed for causing a fire in Dorset? That's the line of investigation for fire experts in Dorset after a blaze in a flat in Poole.

Nearly 30 residents in flats had to leave their homes after an e-cigarette charger caught alight. Dorset Fire and Rescue said the blaze on the 9th floor of the building on Parkstone Road started just before 10 am.

Advertisement

Back to top