- 60 updates
The families of three men missing after the Didcot Power Station collapse will have to wait at least a week more before a recovery operation begins .
The workers have not been seen since the collapse almost 3 weeks ago.
On Sunday, the families staged a protest outside the power station, demanding more be done to find their loved-ones.
RWE, the owner of the site, must produce a safety plan before emergency services start to recover the men, missing under thousands of tonnes of metal and rubble. The plan is being delayed because the half of the building still standing could be at risk of collapse.
Sam Holder reports:
Interviewees: Gail Cresswell (Ken Cresswell's wife), Mark Anthony (Demolition expert)
The families of three men missing in the ruins of Didcot power station have staged a protest at the site demanding more is done to find them. It's almost three weeks since the plant which was under demolition, collapsed. One man died, but the families of the others who are missing say the men have been left "buried alive" by the authorities. Jon Hill reports.
More than 40 relatives and friends of two men missing in the ruins of Didcot Power Station have travelled there today to urge the authorities to do more to find them.
The families of John Shaw and Ken Cresswell travelled down to the power station this morning to protest and call for the search to find their loved ones to be "sped up".
Ken Cresswell and John Shaw have not been seen since the building came down nearly three weeks ago. Ken Cresswell's wife Gail and one of his three daughters Sadie, spoke to ITV News as they arrived in Didcot:
On Friday Thames Valley Police and the Health and Safety Executive say the owners of Didcot Power Station must provide a plan for a "safe method of working" before the next stage of recovery work can begin and today they issued the statement below.
A joint statement on behalf of Thames Valley Police and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) following the partial building collapse at Didcot power station on 23 February.
Thames Valley Police have today named two men from Rotherham as among the missing following the partial collapse of Didcot A Power Station. Kevin Cresswell is 57 and John Shaw is 62. Their families say both men were loved very much and say they haven’t given up hope of them being recovered and returned home.
Another missing man was today named as Christopher Huxtable who is 34 and from Wales. His partner has criticised rescue teams, accusing them of giving up.
Today all the families met with Thames Valley police who later issued this statement "We have met today with the families of the three missing people, following the partial collapse of Didcot A Power Station on 23 February, which is part of the on-going support that is being given at this difficult time. Our priority remains the recovery of their loved ones so they can be returned to their families and to understand what caused this incident.”
They've waited 13 days for news of their loved ones trapped in the wreckage of the Didcot Power Station - but now one family is saying the rescue teams have given up hope.
34 year old Christopher Huxtable is one of three men missing after the collapse last month. The Health and Safety Executive say it's been very difficult to get the right balance between recovering the men and keeping emergency crews safe.
But Mr Huxtable's partner says they're not doing enough. And today emergency services have been meeting with relatives of all those missing.
Rupert Evelyn reports from Didcot...
It could take 'several months' to reach the bodies of the victims of the Didcot Power Station collapse. The latest update from Thames Valley Police says the structure is still dangerously unsafe.
Three workers are still missing after the building fell down while it was being prepared for demolition nine days ago.
One man was confirmed dead and five others were injured.
Rachel Hepworth reports from the power station, where police have been describing what they call an incredibly complex and hazardous operation.
It could take 'several months' to reach the bodies of the victims of the Didcot Power Station collapse. The latest update from Thames Valley Police says the structure is still dangerously unsafe. Pictures just in from press conference.
A four minutes' silence has been observed at the site of Didcot Power Station as a tribute to the four people who died when the vast turbine hall collapsed - exactly a week ago today. Fred and Sangeeta link to our reports.
Latest ITV News reports
A family member of one of three men trapped under the collapsed Didcot power station has called the delay in their rescue "diabolical".
The Mayor of Didcot, Des Healy, says he and the town are devastated at the loss of lives and their thoughts are with the victims' families