The message was sent to all iTunes users who've made an in-app purchase which involves paying for extra content already downloaded an app.
Scientists from Southampton have collaborated with a mobile phone firm to see if they can harness the power of lightning for personal use.
Local residents have successfully taken over a solar farm - making it the largest community owned solar farm in the world.
Video. Thousands of us are online, catching up with friends and family on social networking sites. We use networks like Facebook and Twitter to share our thoughts.
But a number of people are being bullied and abused on internet sites by 'trolls'. Divya Kohli spoke to a woman who has been bullied on the internet.
More than two thousand visually impaired people from across Hampshire are coming together to find out how new technology could make their lives easier. The exhibition at the Ageas Bowl near Southampton will also show the range of services available.
One in five people over 75 will suffer sight loss in the UK and those numbers are set to double over the next 50 years as the average age of our population increases.
Video. Older viewers will remember when lava lamps first brightened up our lives. Back in the 1960s the colourful lamps arrived on the scene and we were fascinated as globules of brightly coloured oil drifted up and down in a glass tube.
Over the years they've been in and out of fashion, but they've stood the test of time. As Martin Dowse explains, the factory where they are made has been marking the 50th anniversary of the lava lamp.
There's growing pressure on the government to scrap HS2 - the controversial high speed rail line that would pass through Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
A group of Tory activists - called Conservative Grassroots - say the project should be abandoned. And a growing number of MPs seem to agree with them. Our political correspondent Phil Hornby reports.
An ambitious plan for a huge international airport in Oxfordshire's Vale of White Horse has met with a cool reaction. Juliette Fletcher reports.
Video. The father of a teenager who was the victim of cruel cyber bullying is stepping up his campaign for better safeguards to be put in place. It comes after a 14-year-old girl killed herself following online taunts. Charlotte Wilkins reports.
Reading will receive several electric car charging points following a successful bid for Government funding.
The Department of Transport has announced that Reading Borough Council will receive a grant of £127,500 to help to pay for five charging sites.
The grant will cover 75% of the cost and the Council will provide the remaining 25% of the cost from sponsorship or Transport budgets.
The money includes:
- £112,500 to install three rapid charge points for electric vehicles. The chargers recover 80% of an electric vehicle's battery in 20-30 minutes, facilitating longer journeys.
- £15,000 to install two fast charge points which charge an electric vehicle in 3-4 hours.
– Tony Page, Lead Councillor for Strategic Environment, Planning and Transport
I am very pleased that the Council's bid for this funding has been successful. We are committed to supporting Reading's Climate Change Strategy and this will be an important contribution to reducing CO2 emissions on local roads.
The provision of these charging points will help to encourage local motorists to make the switch from petrol and diesel-powered cars and this will bring environmental benefits."
Reducing energy consumption is at the top of the list for one Hampshire council in its Climate Change Action Plan. Eastleigh has already dropped CO2 emissions from buildings and is now aiming to drop those from its fleet of vehicles.
A lthough already performing well with residential recycling, the council wants to increase those levels while reducing waste from its own buildings.
Fred will be covering the naming ceremony of the Royal Princess by the Duchess of Cambridge tomorrow. We found a short report from 1967 in the archives.....he'll be returning with Sangeeta to virtually the same spot at Southampton Docks tomorrow.
It was the height of technological expertise in the 1960s, but has lain derelict for years.
Now, despite being overgrown, rusting and covered in moss, a radio telescope at the University of Kent is to have new life breathed into it by 'A' level students at a local school.
The pupils at Simon Langton Grammar want to restore the telescope and peer into the distant reaches of our universe.
Dr Geoff MacDonald from the University of Kent said "It can be refurbished certainly and now days its is actually easier to do radio astronomy in an amateur way than it was forty years ago because of the good quality of receivers, especially thanks to the development of satellite TV".