A flood alert has been issued by the Environment Agency for the River Thames for the Abingdon area, including areas between Abingdon and Little Wittenham this evening. Low lying land and roads will be affected first.
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses after a report of a rape in Abingdon.
Between 8.30pm and 8.45pm yesterday, a woman in her twenties was jogging on a bridleway adjacent to the A34 in Drayton, when a man approached her, pulled her to the ground and raped her.
An elderly man has died following a house fire in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. Firefighters were called to a house on Preston Road yesterday evening. The 93-year-old man died at the scene. Thames Valley Police say his death is not being treated as suspicious.
A man has been charged with voyeurism following an incident at a police station in Oxfordshire.
Christopher Richardson-Blake, of Foxdown Terrace, Wellington, Somerset, is charged with one count of voyeurism and one count of theft.
The charge relates to an alleged incident at Abingdon Police Station.
Richardson-Blake was released on bail to appear at Oxford Magistrates’ Court on November 25.
An Oxford man managed to escape a fire in his Oxford flat after his smoke alarm alerted him to smoke in his bedroom.
On the 3rd November at 11.24am, Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Service were called to a flat fire in Abingdon.
The elderly man initially tried to tackle the fire but then called the fire service who extinguished the heavily smoke logged property.
The fire was believed to have been caused by a defective electric blanket, which had set alight to the bedding, spreading to the rest of the bedroom.
Five men have been arrested after a man in his early twenties was attacked near a taxi rank in Abingdon. The victim was assaulted in Ock Street by six or seven men, one of which was wearing bright red or orange trousers. The offenders ran off in the direction of Conduit Road.
The victim was taken to the John Radcliffe Hospital for treatment of head and facial injuries. Five men, two aged 17 and three aged 16, have been arrested on suspicion of GBH and Affray and currently remain in custody.
Thames Valley Police are appealing for witnesses to contact Det Sgt Darren Cartwright of Force CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of voyeurism after a spy camera was allegedly found in a women's changing rooms in an Oxfordshire police station.
Police say they have interviewed a 32-year-old man after the find in the changing rooms at Abingdon police station.
A spokesman for Thames Valley Police said the force could not comment further on the investigation which was still in its early stages.
The force declined to release further details about the type of material seized.
Around 13 vehicles have been damaged on a road in Abingdon.
Thames Valley Police are appealing for witnesses after the spate of criminal damage on East St Helen Street.
The damage was caused to the following cars on Tuesday 27th August between 6pm and midnight.
- A red Toyota, driver and passenger door panels scratched.
- Silver Land Rover, Freelander, nearside panel scratched from boot to bonnet.
- Grey Vauxhall Safira, body panels scratched from front to rear of vehicle.
- Burgundy Volkswagen camper van, body panels scratched.
- Silver Reno Clio, body panels scratched on near side of vehicle.
- Green BMW Mini Cooper, circles scratched onto bonnet of car and lines scratched on the side of vehicle.
- Black Volkswagen Golf, near side body panels scratched from front to rear.
- Silver Volkswagen Golf, nearside body panels scratched.
- Silver Honda Jazz, nearside body panels scratched.
- Silver Chevrolet Aveo nearside body panels scratched.
- Silver Renault Clio, offside body panels scratched.
- Dark blue Skoda Fabia, nearside body panels scratched.
- Grey Citroen Picasso nearside body panel scratched front to rear.
The Princess Royal, Princess Anne has been in Abingdon today at a parade and medal ceremony for 12 Logistic Support Regiment.
Almost three hundred soldiers in the regiment have been recognised for their roles in a recent tour of duty in Afghanistan.