A robber armed with a claw hammer has threatened staff at a newsagents in Crawley.
The man, who was wearing a mask, forced staff at Martin's on Dorsten Square to hand over cash from a safe.
It happened shortly after 3pm on Sunday, as the 51 year old staff member was locking up.
The suspect fled in the direction of Bewbush Drive and Byrd Road.
He is described as in his early 30's, 5'11 tall and about 14 to 15 stone with an Irish or Scottish accent.
He was wearing a dark blue or black long sleeved top, black trousers and glasses.
He was wearing a balaclava or mask over his face and was wearing latex gloves.
Anyone who may have noticed anything suspicious or who has other relevant information is asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org, report details online or phone 101, quoting serial 965 of 09/07.
Alternatively they can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via its website here.
Two men have been jailed for life for a series of violent armed robberies including in Kent, Essex and Sussex.
Nicholas Wordsworth and Mustafa Murteza, both from London, carried out seven attacks on cash-in transit vans.
In February last year they threatened a security guard with a sawn-off shot-gun and made off with a cash box outside the NatWest bank in Eastbourne.
Two workers at a shop in Wool in Dorset have been threatened with crowbars during an armed robbery.
It happened at around 8pm last night at the Spar Shop on High Street.
It was reported that three offenders entered the store via the rear door and threatened two members of staff with crowbars. They took a quantity of cash before making off. The victims were not injured in the incident.
The offenders were wearing dark clothing and had their faces covered.
A cafe worker has been telling of the terrifying moment he was threatened by a man with a gun.
Police in Sussex say it's one of a spate of robberies in the Worthing and Lancing area - most at gunpoint - which they think are linked.
Two took place in Orme Rd. One in George 5th Avenue - And another in Seadown Parade in Sompting.
The 5th was in Rowlands Rd, and a 6th in Railway Approach. A further attack happened on The Broadway - with another on Heene Rd.
The final two were at North Rd - and Uncle Sam's in Crabtree Lane - where the cafe worker feared for his life. Charlotte Wilkins has been speaking to Grant Almond and DI Alan Pack from Sussex Police.
People are being warned not to approach a man wanted in connection with an armed robbery in Banbury.
Detectives said that they wanted to find 25-year-old Danny Walsh who sometimes sleeps rough in a tent in the town where a post office was targeted yesterday.
The offender entered the Easington Post Office shortly after 3.15pm with what's believed to be a black handgun and, after being given cash, he fled on foot.
Two men made off with thousands of pounds from a post office in Sussex this evening, police have told ITV News Meridian.
The men, in their 20s, threatened staff at the shop in Brunswick Road in Shoreham just before half past five.
They are then believed to have run away from the post office in the direction of the railway line.
There's currently a cordon in place while police and crime scene investigators gather evidence.
Police are searching for two robbers who threatened staff with a hammer in Shoreham this evening.
The men broke into the rear of the Post Office in Brunswick Road at around half past five.
They made off with several thousand pounds. Police say the men were in their twenties and wore dark clothing.
An investigation's underway after a man was threatened with a knife and robbed in Southampton.
The 39-year-old victim was walking along the alleyway between Mount Pleasant Road and Imperial Road on the afternoon of the 4th of September when he was approached by two men.
They demanded the victim handed over money. One of the men was holding a knife.
The victim gave them £215 in benefits that he had just collected.
Two men have been jailed for a total of 26 years after burgling a couple at gunpoint in their own home.
Ramone Barnes, 25 and of Croydon in London, and Orville Anderson, 28 and of Tulse Hill in London, were handed prison terms of 14 years and 12 years respectively at Bournemouth Crown Court today, Thursday 4 June 2015, after being convicted of aggravated burglary.
The court heard that at about 1am on Friday 16 August 2013, four masked men smashed a patio door at the rear of a house in East Way as a couple and their two young grandchildren were asleep.
After hearing noises, the grandfather went downstairs and was confronted by the offenders who demanded to know the whereabouts of a safe. One of the men was armed with a hand gun and another with an asp baton.
The armed man ushered the grandfather back upstairs, made him sit in the bedroom and pointed the gun in his face. He threatened the victim that unless he told them where the safe was he would shoot him. However, the couple did not have a safe in their home.
The rest of the gang searched the house and left with the victims’ mobile phones. The court heard that as they left the scene, they accidentally made a call on the grandmother’s mobile phone to the last number she had dialled.
The call, which was to the victim’s daughter, went to answerphone. The recording captured people running down the road but was not good enough quality to hear what was said by Barnes, Anderson and their accomplices. The offenders left no forensic evidence at the scene but detectives traced calls made by the victims’ mobile phones.
Barnes was arrested on 20 August 2013 and Anderson on 7 January 2014 after his DNA was found in Barnes’ car.