Two men have been jailed for a total of nineteen years following the death of a man in Canterbury in what police say was an unprovoked attack. David Wilkes was found unconscious in Dane John Gardens last July.
Lloyd Thorne, 22, and Peter Clement, 51, both of no fixed abode, appeared at Canterbury Crown Court.
The court had heard how David Wilkes, 35, had been with friends in Dane John Gardens, Canterbury, on 23 July when he was assaulted.
At around 7pm, police were called to the scene where Mr Wilkes lay unconscious and bleeding.
He was taken to hospital but never regained consciousness and died on 29 July 2013.
A 15-year-old girl from Hastings with mild learning difficulties was pushed in front of a car in Hastings.
The victim was walking in Rye Road near Hastings Academy at 3.05pm on Friday 28th February when she was shoved into the road by a girl.
A car had to swerve to avoid hitting the 15-year-old as a nearby group of 15 girls cheered.
Glue was also thrown in her hair as she walked away.
This must have been a terrifying incident for the victim. What began as nasty verbal abuse became a violent assault that on another day could have seen her being knocked down and seriously hurt. I need to speak to anyone who saw any part of the incident or the group of girls before or after the attack. I particularly need to trace the driver of the car who swerved to avoid the victim. He may not have realised that the victim was being attacked at the time."
British Transport Police are appealing for information after a 15-year-old boy was threatened and grabbed in an unprovoked attack. Officers have released CCTV images of a man they want to speak to in connection with the incident, which took place on 29th December on a train at Lewes station.
PC Vicky Payne, the investigating officer, said: “The victim, a 15-year-old from Lewes, was onboard a train around 10pm when, completely unprovoked, a man shouted at the boy. He then grabbed the victim by his throat, leaving red marks to his face.
“Another man was seen to cover the CCTV cameras onboard the train whilst the incident took place.”
Now, CCTV images of two men, who police are keen to speak to, have been released.
A 12-year-old girl has been attacked in Hastings. Police released an e-fit after the incident.
The twelve-year-old was knocked to the ground with a bat on a footpath just off the Ridge as she walked home from school earlier this week. Police believe a group of four teenagers may have seen the attacker running past the Robert de Mortain pub.
Detective Inspector Rob Morland said: "We're still keen to speak to anyone who was in the area. One potential witness is a white man, in his fifties or sixties who was smart and in a light coloured striped suit and smart shoes who was walking along that same path shortly before the attack.
A group of four teenage boys who used the footpath to get to The Ridge may also have seen the man running past them at the Robert de Mortain pub. The victim is understandably very shaken by what happened. We need to find her attacker."
A 24-year-old man is being questioned.
This is the man police would like to speak to about an attack on a 12-year-old girl on her way home from school in Hastings.
The schoolgirl was attacked by a man who knocked her to the ground with a bat between 3.30pm and 4.15pm on Monday on a footpath just off The Ridge.
She was opposite the BP garage at The Ridge when she was struck but screamed when her attacker grabbed her and he ran off. The 12-year-old suffered a minor head injury but was badly shaken.
Detective Inspector Rob Morland said: "We're still keen to speak to anyone who was in the area.
One potential witness is a white man, in his fifties or sixties who was smart and in a light coloured striped suit who was walking the same path shortly before the attack. A group of four teenage boys who used the footpath may also have seen the man running past them at the Robert de Mortain pub."
A man had his jaw broken during a violent attack in Kent.
Detectives investigating an allegation of the rape of a 22-year-old Southampton man have released a CCTV photo of three people who may be vital witnesses in the hunt for the attacker.
The image shows three people walking along The Avenue, away from the city centre and on a route which would pass the end of Cemetery Road.
The victim told police he was walking home along The Avenue at about 3am Saturday, October 5th, after a night out. He said he heard crying from the pay and display parking area of Cemetery Road. When he went to investigate, the victim was dragged into bushes and raped.
Police have launched a fresh appeal after a woman was attacked in Brighton, in what is thought to be an attempted rape.
A man ran from behind the 19-year-old victim, grabbed her hair and assaulted her on Friday 19th July at around 2:50am.
She was able to bravely fight off the attacker.
The man was white, in his 20's with a slim but muscular build.
He had short blond/brown hair that was flat and brushed forward at the front.
He was wearing a white short sleeved top with a pattern on it, possibly with blue and red colouring in it.
Detective Inspector Lee Horner said, "We are determined to catch the man responsible for the attack and hope to get more witnesses who may have been away from Brighton and Hove during our last appeal.
"This was a terrifying incident for the victim who did well to fend off her attacker."
Surrey Police is appealing for information after a man was found with serious facial injuries in the stairwell of a multi-storey car park in Guildford. The victim, a man in his 40s, was found by a security guard on level 5 of the car park on York Road around 5.20am on Saturday, 3 August.
He was treated by ambulance crews at the scene and was taken to hospital for treatment to a possible fractured eye socket and broken jaw.
We are currently working with the victim to ascertain the full circumstances surrounding the incident and how he sustained his injuries. I would appeal to anyone who was in the York Road area between 9pm (Friday, 2 August) and the time the man was found and who saw anything suspicious which may assist with the investigation to contact us with information.
Three women were attacked by two couples on a Waterloo-bound train following Ascot races.
The women used foul and abusive language towards the two couples- two men and two women.
The abuse continued on Richmond train station where the three women tried to attack the group of four before running away.
British Transport Police are continuing their investigation after receiving CCTV footage of the three women they want to speak to about the incident on Friday, June 21.
PC Neil Allison said: "This is a particularly violent and aggressive attack on two couples who had not done anything to provoke it.
"This is believed to be a very busy train service, with many of the passengers returning from a day at Ascot races. I am sure that other passengers on the train and at Richmond station may have information key to our investigation."